You can type here any text you want

Wot hesitation & stall

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
:mad::banghead::cry: Now that I finally am able to drive my car I took it out yesterday for a test run I noticed some shaking when I put it in reverse not so much in drive but a lil once I got rolling I got excited and throttled into it and it hesitated sounded like pinging and felt like a misfire then it died I'm not sure where to look now; scan tool shows
O2 120-160 at idle
Af 06
L8 40
Int 128
Ats71
Rpm 775-875
Bl142
Tps .42
Iac 02
Cc 20
Thanks for any help!!

Block learn should be 128 and 02 millivolts should be I think around 750-800

Your o2 will bounce around but should be around 750 to 800 on wot.. Your blm is way to high should be 128 -or + 10... And your IAC is low too.

Block learn should be 128 and 02 millivolts should be I think around 750-800
That's what I thought, the car smells like it's running rich/lean I'm not sure but I gotta pull the car half way out of the garage or the fumes will burn your eyes. Tell me what do you think could be causing this?

Try checking for a vacuum leak, low fuel pressure or sticking pcv valve. There is a helpful thread from last year on this but I can't seem to post link. Type in high blm turbo Buick and it comes up.

HA car right?

IAC could use some adjusting but nothing that should cause a miss. whats the fp set at and does it raise with boost?

Don't worry about blm if its stable, which it appears to be by the int. Right now its just telling you that fuel was added by the ecm, and ecm is in a happy place. Lol. IME, The 142 is very typical of a car with open pcv system.

However, sounds like an ignition issue . . . Misfire which drives blm up. Grounds, voltage, FAILING PINS AT MODULE, etc.

Last edited:
Try checking for a vacuum leak, low fuel pressure or sticking pcv valve. There is a helpful thread from last year on this but I can't seem to post link. Type in high blm turbo Buick and it comes up.
Thanks I'll check it out now I got the day off I wanna figure this out

HA car right?

IAC could use some adjusting but nothing that should cause a miss. whats the fp set at and does it raise with boost?

Don't worry about blm if its stable, which it appears to be by the int. Right now its just telling you that fuel was added by the ecm, and ecm is in a happy place. Lol. The 142 is very typical of a car with open pcv system.
Yup HA

I'm thinking ignition also but not sure in park it's fine the engine shakes a lil not too bad even if I throttle it up to like 4000 it sounds like a GN it's only giving me trouble will cruising... I don't get it

Great question.
Here is my understanding.

The ecm adusted the fuel needs at idle since idle blm is up. There is not a big load at idle (LV) so it will tollerate running lean. Once the engine sees a load it needs more fuel. Since the ecm has not yet self adjusted off idle blm, the lean mixture can cause a stutter and misfire. With the 5.7 chip, the AF will also max at 255 and the ecm does not know ot care how much fuel is needed. The DC is prograamed in the chip based on what TT was told. BUT, it assumes the fp is set to the spec. . . . . . Makes sense?

Edit. buddy beat me to it. Lol

Back