You can type here any text you want

Wot hesitation & stall

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
FP should be set at 43 psi, line off. try that, reset ecm, and see what happens.
Fp was low I'm resetting the ECM now how should I set the translator right now it's set for my ls1 maf 0 base and 0 wot it smells like unburned fuel a lil at idle

All sensors and vac line suspected and new egr and waist gate cylinoid are the only things I haven't touched yet fp at 43 line off and rises with boost

Great question.
Here is my understanding.

The ecm adusted the fuel needs at idle since idle blm is up. There is not a big load at idle (LV) so it will tollerate running lean. Once the engine sees a load it needs more fuel. Since the ecm has not yet self adjusted off idle blm, the lean mixture can cause a stutter and misfire. With the 5.7 chip, the AF will also max at 255 and the ecm does not know ot care how much fuel is needed. The DC is prograamed in the chip based on what TT was told. BUT, it assumes the fp is set to the spec. . . . . . Makes sense?

Edit. buddy beat me to it. Lol
this exactly what the car is doing now to figure out how to stop it:bookworm:

Mine shows l8
Not a big deal. We are all talking about the same thing . . . Load Variable 8 bit or LV8. With only 2 digits to display the variable on SM and inability to show the V, L8 it is. lol

The idle rpm, AF and L8 all looked ok. . . . . Based on that I would screw the throttle stop screw out about 1/4 turn, start/drive and let the ecm relearn. Yes, TPS will drop a bit but it will still be ok.
One thing to add . . . . I would not go wot untill things are lined up.

Last edited:
Scan tool shows
O2 117-160
Af 06
L8 39
Int 128
Bl 142
Ats 71
Rpm 800-87
Tps .42
Iac 00
Cc 06

I think I got it today I found vac leaks all around the intake, waste gate and egr... Turbo is coming off intake coming out for further inspection and gasket replacement :eek::rage: thanks for all the feedback I'm pretty sure it's vac related because in gear under heavier load the cold air kit starts to whistle the brakes get stiff I think it's soo bad it's causing the car to misfire at idle and cruise which explains the erratic shaking and fuel smell

Btw I did the carb cleaner trick and idle changed as I kept spraying my build is now a tear down

Pulled it all apart yesterday and found the intake had been "ghetto ported" looked like the used a chisel lol! Good thing I have an extra sitting on the shelf untouched. This explains a lot, I'll post updates once i round up all the gaskets and get it back together

Back