Z06 vs. Viper

vipers are too heavy in the corners and like some other board member said, gut out and drop in a aluminum c5r factory ls block in the zr1 and you can wave good bye to any viper.

I'll take the Vette any day over the Junkpar (mopar) and i'm not even fond of Vetts.

:eek::eek:

Attachments

• ACR_Pic1.jpg
    ACR_Pic1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 139
That is hot! No doubt about that. And im sure that would turn way more heads on the street then any Vette would. Would look even better without the ricer wing tho. Yea, it is functional but makes it more of a race car then a street car which is what it is.

VIPER...FTW!!

It is just a Bad azz looking car...My Neighbor has a Blue/White GTS..Not sure what year..98 or so?

Nothing looks as good as or sounds as good as a viper!

Corvette...Awesome car..But just not a Viper.

On each Top Gear episode they hire a professional driver to test each car around the race track and record its time. They post that time in the order the car finished period. There is no sponsors they are trying to appease. A lot of cars suprise me, a lot of cars don't. The Viper isn't one of those that suprised me.

The base model C6 ZO6 placed #28 on the list with a time of 1:22.4. The Viper SR 10 placed #89 with a time of 1:28.5. That's almost a 6 second difference. Light years actually for as a comparison.

Those are the two Vetts and Vipers 99% of Vette and Viper owners will have.

Now of course were not talking apples to apples here cause the ACR is a completely different car. But so is the ZR1.

The ACR is a flast out race car! It is not something anyone is gonna want to drive on the street for any extended period of time. The ZR1 is also comfortable to sit in and won't cook you in the seat like the Viper will.

But at the track the ACR is faster then the ZR1. Both cost about the same.

About the top gear lap times.... its really hard to take them seriously. We all know how a bad start off the line can kill a second or so in the 1/4. Watch any top gear timed run with the STIG and if its a car that makes low end torque (mostly American, Viper, Vette etc...) They have a ton of wheel spin usually. I do think a Z06 is faster than an SRT10 around a track, but just stating that Top Gear should not be taken to seriously.

DIAZ, that car is bad f--kin' ass! I loooove a Viper. The ACR is just a little over the top "race car" for my personal taste as far as something I'd want to drive on the street very much. I'd probably kill people I liked for a SRT10 coupe, though. :D

Nothing ..... sounds as good as a viper!

Funny, the one that lives down the road from me sounds like a friggn' gas burner dump truck that's missing a cylinder or two... and that is what the owner told me he likes least about it.... sounds like chit.... :wink:

Funny, the one that lives down the road from me sounds like a friggn' gas burner dump truck that's missing a cylinder or two... and that is what the owner told me he likes least about it.... sounds like chit.... :wink:

Im sure they make more than 1 exhaust for the Viper,Maybe he needs to Invest in another...My neighbors doesn't have the stock exhaust,But is pretty quiet just driving normal,My Area Isnt one you can go speeding through.

If he hates the car so much,Why hasnt he got rid of it?

About the top gear lap times.... its really hard to take them seriously. We all know how a bad start off the line can kill a second or so in the 1/4. Watch any top gear timed run with the STIG and if its a car that makes low end torque (mostly American, Viper, Vette etc...) They have a ton of wheel spin usually. I do think a Z06 is faster than an SRT10 around a track, but just stating that Top Gear should not be taken to seriously.
I was comparing two American cars. The Vette and the Viper. So what's ur point? What would you gauge a couple hundred FACTORY cars against? Is there another venue that provides results like they do? If really don't know. If there is post it.

Two cars being run on the same track by the same driver. No one is comparing cars against other cars not driven on the same track. That would not make any sense. These two cars WERE run on the same track and the results were posted.

Provide me with another gauge where both a factory ZO6 Vette and SR 10 Viper were run against each other on the same track by the same driver? If you can provide those results what would make that track be taken any more seriously then the one utilized by Top Gear? Should we read a Motor Trend magazine and take that seriously?:rolleyes:

Im sure they make more than 1 exhaust for the Viper,Maybe he needs to Invest in another...My neighbors doesn't have the stock exhaust,But is pretty quiet just driving normal,My Area Isnt one you can go speeding through.

If he hates the car so much,Why hasnt he got rid of it?

It has the stock exhaust... and he likes the car... but does admit it kind of sounds 'industrial'... :smile:

It has the stock exhaust... and he likes the car... but does admit it kind of sounds 'industrial'... :smile:

Gotcha...maybe he should research into a new exhaust...Now with most of these exhaust companies you can actually listen to Idle clips,Revving,And Driving away Clips of the exhaust they sell.

makes for a much easier time trying to decide which to buy.

The ACR is a flast out race car! It is not something anyone is gonna want to drive on the street for any extended period of time. The ZR1 is also comfortable to sit in and won't cook you in the seat like the Viper will.

But at the track the ACR is faster then the ZR1. Both cost about the same.

Actually the only place the acr is faster is on a road course. Z's have gone 10.7 stock which the acr or any viper will prob never do.