03-04 Cobra Owners must see 1188hp Stock

BandAid

Keyboard Bully
Holy chit. was reading the Jan2008 issue of "Muscle Mustangs & FF..
Hellion is making a Twin Turbo Kit that is feeding the stock Supercharger for a total of 41psi and 1015tq...hmmm. anyone want to buy a TTA ....they call the setup "compound Boost"
A must read....maybe we can run a smaller turbo to feed a 100mm turbo....:rolleyes:

41psi??? DAMN, turn the boost down and im sure it would be fun on the streets. What kinda headgaskets are they using LOL

What is the HP? Close to the same amount of torque?

BW

appears to be a stock unopened motor...

1118 hp / 1015 TQ

Oh and the factory exhaust manifolds are still used.....holy chit..

wow. im sure that motor wont last long like that. maybe one or 2 pulls at most.

Probably last a lot longer then any stock buick, most stage guys can't make those numbers, can of worms is now open, hahahahaha:eek: :D

;)

Attachments

• mustang 2.jpg
    mustang 2.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 429
So the turbos get 27 PSI of pressurized air from the supercharger and then squeeze it to 41 PSI?

Why not just let the twins squeeze it to 41 PSI?

Either way it's a testament to the design of those Ford engines. I'd love to own one but I like my Buick more.

Jim

plenty of stock cobra motors making 600 plus rwhp all day and more on turbos 700 rwhp. those motors are built from the factory, like everything else, with a good tune the motore will last. ford got it right with that motor, jus like toyota did with the supra. just check out sum of the mustang boards they have sections just for turbo 03, 04 cobras! wish I never sold mine !

Not only are the 4.6 Cobras making insane numbers, check out what some of the modded 5.4 Cobras are making with just minor mods!

That is insane, I agree with everyone else. If that was reliable that would be an interesting vehicle to have. wow.

If it wasn't in a mustang that be tempting...but it is. (Not a mustang fan....but I admit its quite an accomplishment)

Just recently sold my Gn...Looking for the next toy,I have owned quite a few mustangs...And I may just have a nice 03 cobra in my near future.Mods done already....Or quite possibly a 02-03 z-06...with a few mods they are killer.My friends bone stock 13k mile 03 zo6 traps 118mph..Not too shabby for a stocker on real radials.

What to get...:confused:

I would get the vette and put a 76 GTS turbo on it with heads and a nitrous cam. Turn the boost up to 6.5 and make 660 at the tire on pump and meth.

That would be fun.

BW

I will be waiting for the new Camaro to come out, I just can't do Ferds:biggrin:

How much longer is it going to be before the Camaro comes out, another year? Gotta have something to play with in the meantime:p

BW