1000 hp

ok i got one for you how fast can u go on a stock shortblock no girdle no caps with a 6776 turbo in a 3500 buick .
9.7-9.8 138+ with the right combo a few times if your lucky

I never really understood the lure of the dyno and the "youtube dyno racing". I have seen 400 rwhp cars run 10's and 1000rwhp cars runs 12's and all in between. I understand tuning a car on a dyno but for me its just a number until the performance backs it up. I feel that actual performance is the true test for any car no matter what the dyno says. There is a local Supra that makes over 1000rwhp and its best ET is in the high 11's and most runs end up in the mid 12's. The owner is a friend of mine and nice guy but he is all about the dyno numbers even to the point that the car's performance suffers. Then there is a guy down the road from me that has a very nice full weight 67 Camaro with a N/A 468 that would be lucky to make 650 fwhp and his car run 9.60's with 1.29 60's on 275/60 drag radials. The Camaro doesn't make a ton of HP but he is effectively getting them all to the ground!

Well on paper it makes 780 flywheel hp which would be about 600 or so rwhp . The old t63e i ran years ago made 600 rwhp at 28 psi and at 3800 lbs it ran a best of 10.60@128 . Muddin your a little short anymore quesses ?

3800lbs is really fat, most gns with driver seem to be 3600 there is 2 tenths and for 600rwhp 128mph and 10.6 is a tad slow by approx 2 tenths... that makes a 10.2... plus i said 610 at the wheels and we didn't even get into traction, torque, or gearing...

Well we didnt have a lot of time to tune and work the 60fts but on soft run we got 9.50s@141 and thats at 30 psi it picked up 3 mph in the 1/8 from 26/27 to 30 psi with a stronger launch it might go 9.40s now my point dyno numbers dont mean **** in the real world track numbers dont lie . I remember about 6 years ago i bolted on a 76/q trim turbo on our 109 and ran 9.40/146 in 100 degree heat in tse trim faster than all the stage cars in the class i came home bolted in a 70/q trim and foot braked it off the trailer to a 9.44/144 the thing was we ran a stock ecm so it fell off cause it lost a few mph in the eighth the rating on the turbo was over 100 hp more .

146 is some serious mph for a 109! But about the 1000hp 109... yes, it is possible to build it and maybe limp it a few miles down a back road, but it your foot got a little heavy....

We ran a girdled 109 motor with a stock crank for over 5 years and ran 9.35@146 on a stock ecm we sold it and someone else is still giving it hell . The point is back then we had no sense now we have alot better pieces and dont take those risk . I am not saying racing a 109 is a mistake its just no fun if and when it breaks if you easy on your parts it will live forever .

Well we didnt have a lot of time to tune and work the 60fts but on soft run we got 9.50s@141 and thats at 30 psi it picked up 3 mph in the 1/8 from 26/27 to 30 psi with a stronger launch it might go 9.40s now my point dyno numbers dont mean **** in the real world track numbers dont lie .

Was this the 6776 stock short block combo?

The combo is simple a custom ground hyd roller cam ,iron champion cnc heads ,home ported intake the short block stock pistons ,stock rods ,stock crank ,stock main caps no girdle, terry houston headers ,3 inch atr downpipe ,70 mm throttle body n plenum 96 lb injectors with a xfi management .

I never really understood the lure of the dyno and the "youtube dyno racing". I have seen 400 rwhp cars run 10's and 1000rwhp cars runs 12's and all in between. I understand tuning a car on a dyno but for me its just a number until the performance backs it up. I feel that actual performance is the true test for any car no matter what the dyno says. There is a local Supra that makes over 1000rwhp and its best ET is in the high 11's and most runs end up in the mid 12's. The owner is a friend of mine and nice guy but he is all about the dyno numbers even to the point that the car's performance suffers. Then there is a guy down the road from me that has a very nice full weight 67 Camaro with a N/A 468 that would be lucky to make 650 fwhp and his car run 9.60's with 1.29 60's on 275/60 drag radials. The Camaro doesn't make a ton of HP but he is effectively getting them all to the ground!

Absolutely agree 100%

At 3550 and 143-144 mph ur car would be making about 810-825 to the wheels. That's not near fast enough for a 9.0 pass.

Your right its enough for an 8 sec pass. Read post #19:rolleyes:. Your calculator must be wrong. I come up with about 810 at the flywheel to go 143mph.

Depends on the dyno and depends on the car setup... You can play calculator all day...

850 on a correct dyno with the right combo on the track should put you around that elusive low 9 figure. So at the flywheel, well I don't know the math but you get the point but should be a thousand...

These guys have done it, listen to them;)

Lol thats some good stuff right there remember tsm cars weigh 3550. We made 800 rwhp and ran 9.0@150 with a stage motor on one car and we made 815 with Roys in tsm trim at one point and it only ran 9.40 or 9.30s and we trapped 146 or so .

LOL is right... No, we're going to listen to GNBRETT 'cause he has the calculator!:rolleyes:

One thing ppl never get is turbo cars never run close to what they dyno. I dynoed n tuned alot of cars nitrous cars ussually run right on what they dyno cause they average the power down the track . The turbo cars dont untill there at full boost when the cars are slower thats no problem when u get faster to have to delay the power so the first half suffers the mph still good though just not the et in most cases .

One thing ppl never get is turbo cars never run close to what they dyno. I dynoed n tuned alot of cars nitrous cars ussually run right on what they dyno cause they average the power down the track . The turbo cars dont untill there at full boost when the cars are slower thats no problem when u get faster to have to delay the power so the first half suffers the mph still good though just not the et in most cases .

seems like they sure make good power once in 3rd gear

This is only true until those same turbo cars get the boost/rpm/ramp rates figured out on the AMS 1000. Then its lights out because my car will 60' with any nitrous car in its class and will walk away on the back half.

Depends on the dyno and depends on the car setup... You can play calculator all day...

850 on a correct dyno with the right combo on the track should put you around that elusive low 9 figure. So at the flywheel, well I don't know the math but you get the point but should be a thousand...

These guys have done it, listen to them;)

Do not lie we all know all dyno's show the same numbers;)

This is only true until those same turbo cars get the boost/rpm/ramp rates figured out on the AMS 1000. Then its lights out because my car will 60' with any nitrous car in its class and will walk away on the back half.
I dont know what class you run but most grassroots(low buck) racing run nitrous . The turbo cars make alot more power but if you notice all the fastest adrl cars run screw blowers like ultch ,millen and a few others . I know a few fast turbo cars the boost controller isnt the secret it keeping the nose down . What class do you run that your makin all this powa .

I dont know what class you run but most grassroots(low buck) racing run nitrous . The turbo cars make alot more power but if you notice all the fastest adrl cars run screw blowers like ultch ,millen and a few others . I know a few fast turbo cars the boost controller isnt the secret it keeping the nose down . What class do you run that your makin all this powa .

I haven't class raced. I grudge race. When I said my "class" I meant cars that I will race or will race me. I will race just about any stock suspension 28x10.5 inch tire car or cars with a 28inch tall radial tire (325, 275). That's my "class." And I will 60ft. within a tenth of most of the fastest nitrous cars on those tires, but not one of them will run with me out the back door.

So, when you talk about "grassroots" and "lowbuck" that's my category. Even us "lowbuck" guys can figure out how to program a boost controller to get a car down the track with all dat powa! PAH!

I haven't class raced. I grudge race. When I said my "class" I meant cars that I will race or will race me. I will race just about any stock suspension 28x10.5 inch tire car or cars with a 28inch tall radial tire (325, 275). That's my "class." And I will 60ft. within a tenth of the most of the fastest nitrous cars on those tires.

So, when you talk about "grassroots" and "lowbuck" that's my category. Even us "lowbuck" guys can figure out how to program a boost controller to get a car down the track with all dat powa! PAH!
Lol... u get cought out in a lie and now ur an "Internet Grudge Racer". Give us all a break would ya?:rolleyes: