20" Foose wheeels???

CanMove

Ok so what do you guys think???

20" Foose Nitrious wheels wrapped in
BFGoodRich G-Force T/A™ KDW's

Nitrious.jpg

g-force-t-a-kdw.jpg

I have that style in 20"...mine are Boss 338s, see pic below. BTW, the general consensus here is 20" is stupid, ghetto, too big, ridiculous, and other things derogatory. Obv you can tell I give a rats a$$ about what anyone thinks about my car but me.
btw, KDWs are awesome.

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,105
I have that style in 20"...mine are Boss 338s, see pic below. BTW, the general consensus here is 20" is stupid, ghetto, too big, ridiculous, and other things derogatory. Obv you can tell I give a rats a$$ about what anyone thinks about my car but me.
btw, KDWs are awesome.

I should not have any rubbing or clearance issues with these wheels should I be concerned?

These wheels are for show only. I have a set for the track... But this car does not see the track much... It is a Garage queen... Maybe a car show or 2...

Just turned 25,000 original miles...

Im also gonna upgrade the front and rear brakes since they will be so visible..

Ok so what do you guys think???

20" Foose Nitrious wheels wrapped in
BFGoodRich G-Force T/A™ KDW's

The wheels look great....but the chrome will not last:mad: ...poor quality chroming ....we used these wheel on a Mustang project I work on,thats why I know.

The wheels look great....but the chrome will not last:mad: ...poor quality chroming ....we used these wheel on a Mustang project I work on,thats why I know.

God i hope your wrong...

I went through 3 sets of 22" wheels on my Ford Expedition...
UNTIL i bought a set of Foose 22" Heat wheels... 4 years old and the chrome is sweet...

Thats why i went with Foose again... They do come with a 3 year warrenty on the chrome so we will see.

If they peel or pit i will be getting me some new wheels..

X2! I have those on my truck six months later the chrome turned some odd color not the whole rim but spots here and there. I like them though 18x10 on my s10 and no rubbing issues.

I should not have any rubbing or clearance issues with these wheels should I be concerned?

These wheels are for show only. I have a set for the track... But this car does not see the track much... It is a Garage queen... Maybe a car show or 2...

Just turned 25,000 original miles...

Im also gonna upgrade the front and rear brakes since they will be so visible..

You should be fine, is it lowered, if so how? I did spindles which screwed up having normal wheels fit. (I am lowered a lot so the GNX flares were necessity to steer...I was rubbing inside and out) Rear are 10" and fit easy...except if you are real low and rear disc the caliper may hit the frame like mine...I had to frame notch like a mini truck to get clearance.

You should be fine, is it lowered, if so how? I did spindles which screwed up having normal wheels fit. (I am lowered a lot so the GNX flares were necessity to steer...I was rubbing inside and out) Rear are 10" and fit easy...except if you are real low and rear disc the caliper may hit the frame like mine...I had to frame notch like a mini truck to get clearance.

my car is all stock. It has not been lowered. I put shocks on her last year tho..
Si I should be good with my stock set up? No rubs?

GreginATL

what did you do about brakes up front and in the rear? sounds like u converted to disk in back??? thats what i want to do...
Looking for best and cheapest way to accomplish that...
I want red calipers with drilled and slotted rotors..

what did you do about brakes up front and in the rear? sounds like u converted to disk in back??? thats what i want to do...
Looking for best and cheapest way to accomplish that...
I want red calipers with drilled and slotted rotors..

I have s-10 blazer rears, they work a little better but are tiny. I want larger diam rotors and higher quality calipers, but thats money I cant spend now.
If you go rear disc after you get the wheels, try to get some that dont change wheel offset or you'll be screwed. Maybe get brakes then wheels.
BTW, 20" on a car that isnt lowered may give a 4x4 look. You will likely run what...285/30 rear and a 245/35 front? That'll give you a wheel well gap that is larger than the side wall height and will make it look raised. (a ratio that you eye sees more gap than tire)Make sense? Mine doesnt look lowered 3"-4" but it is once you see it next to one on 20"s that isnt lowered. I think that is most ppls gripe/stigma here is 20" look GIANT when not lowered.... that and they aren't convo pros. :p

I have s-10 blazer rears, they work a little better but are tiny. I want larger diam rotors and higher quality calipers, but thats money I cant spend now.
If you go rear disc after you get the wheels, try to get some that dont change wheel offset or you'll be screwed. Maybe get brakes then wheels.
BTW, 20" on a car that isnt lowered may give a 4x4 look. You will likely run what...285/30 rear and a 245/35 front? That'll give you a wheel well gap that is larger than the side wall height and will make it look raised. (a ratio that you eye sees more gap than tire)Make sense? Mine doesnt look lowered 3"-4" but it is once you see it next to one on 20"s that isnt lowered. I think that is most ppls gripe/stigma here is 20" look GIANT when not lowered.... that and they aren't convo pros. :p

what is covo pros??

to lower i can just get new springs correct?? i did that to my 2003 expedition put a 3" drop springs all the way around..

Maybe i will leave rear drums now and just add nice red calipers up front and drilled and slotted rotors..

what is covo pros??

to lower i can just get new springs correct?? i did that to my 2003 expedition put a 3" drop springs all the way around..

Maybe i will leave rear drums now and just add nice red calipers up front and drilled and slotted rotors..

Convo pros are red neck drag racing wheels from the 80s. They are cool, and very nice, but the come w/ a mullet and brush...I just rag them when people call my ghetto wheels "ghetto"....and actually they aren't ghetto, they are 'hood! big difference! :D
If you drop it just get a set of 4 drop springs, 1.5"- 2" should eliminate most of the gap, consider some nice shocks while you are in it. I

If your going with 20's, please lower the car! Greg did one heck of a good job on his and it looks great! But I will have to say I'm not a fan of them on our cars on stock suspension at all.

But then again, I really dont like any of our cars on stock suspension!!!:biggrin:

okay so let me ask you this since we agree 4 lowered springs will do the trick... we did agree that that should work for me and my 20" correct?
Who should i use?? Eibach for the springs??

If your going with 20's, please lower the car! Greg did one heck of a good job on his and it looks great! But I will have to say I'm not a fan of them on our cars on stock suspension at all.

But then again, I really dont like any of our cars on stock suspension!!!:biggrin:

I promise i will lower the GN jdpolzin!!!!

but it might be after the brake upgrades!!!

I promise i will lower the GN jdpolzin!!!!

but it might be after the brake upgrades!!!

I wont tell you which way to go as far as springs becuase I do have my preferences and wouldnt want to sway you either way. Do soome searching on here, there are a TON of spring threads that you'll get a whole bunch of good info on. Then make your decision. Spring results will very depending how worn your existing springs are. Some springs may even raise your car if the springs are worn badly.

Greg - Convo Pros? Red-neck drag wheels from the 80's? Isn't the GN also from the 80's? At least they don't make it look like a pimp mobile. Why don't you put hydraulics and purple neon under it too and then you can really hang with the low rider crowd or the 'hood'.

Greg - Convo Pros? Red-neck drag wheels from the 80's? Isn't the GN also from the 80's? At least they don't make it look like a pimp mobile. Why don't you put hydraulics and purple neon under it too and then you can really hang with the low rider crowd or the 'hood'.

Oh Boy! Where's the popcorn!:biggrin: This could be good!

You have your opinion, I have mine. You dont like mine, I dont like yours.
Even I said Convo Pros are "very nice"...but they arent my style... didnt say they shouldnt be yours.
I also wouldnt tub a GN, weld a roll bar in one, or do a lot of things people do that CANT be put back. All I did was spindles springs and wheels. Besides...its just a car.
I dont drag race, I really could care less, but you do so we obv have different styles. I had purple neon 20 years ago...and never had hydros, but have had air bags. Looks like you nailed me, and I am not even offended a little.