224 Stage I Single Turbo Buick V6 does the impossible. 8.76 @ 158.7

That would certainly make the unit more user friendly. From what I understand, the 2000 will have a much better user interface where it comes to being able to quickly come up with a boost curve, but the 1000 will still be able to come up with any sort of boost curve that the 2000 can come up with. It will just be more work with the 1000 to figure out the settings that will give you the desired boost curve. If someone is already used to dealing with the 1000 to come up with complex boost curves, then switching to the 2000 would not result in a performance advantage. Just easier to make changes.
Although, I have to say that the controller settings that I'm presently using can be changed easily to come up with some pretty strange curves, if they were needed. That's mainly why I have all six stages being used. Even though now, the target control curve could be made with less stages, the timer points for the stages are set at strategic spots so that if there is a traction problem in a certain part of the run, I can quickly adjust the control curve to battle the problem without having to start adding stages in and having to figure out the timer issues. With the stages already present and the timer settings for those stages roughly set already, it makes for slighty quicker changes when a traction problem comes up. A problem with a different track and/or condition is a good example.
Like what happened to me at Firebird. The controller changes I had to make at that event went smooth and quick. It would have been a different story if I had to start adding stages in and figure out the correct timer settings.

The 2000 will not just be a time based system. Although the 1000 is more controller than most will ever need, I can see some of the benefits of the 2000 that would be almost like cheating :biggrin:. I can only imagine some of the ideas Cal already has thought up.

I gave up on all the stages of boost control as I was fixing the chassis I was eliminating boost stages and found other methods of controlling the power rather than boost control that were more precise, predictable, and repeatable.

If you do this, then you already know if your target boost settings were possible, which was all I was asking from the beginning. Looking at your 3rd and 4th stages I wasn't sure it was possible to reach the traget settings. Once again, I was not talking about your car or the mechanical ability for the CO2 to reach a traget which you keep coming back to, I was talking about the strategy itself.
No, I don't know if the control pressures are being met exactly. I do a rough look at it, but I don't get that critical with it. I'm more concerned with the boost curve that the settings are creating than if the control pressure curve is matching the settings exactly.

I'm still not exactly sure what you're looking for. Are you wondering if the control pressure can jump from 23 to 27.9 in '?.??' time span? You know as well as I do that there is no way to save a data capture with this unit, so I don't have any reference to go back to so that I can dissect it more carefully for you.

There really is no breakpoint. Obviously you want it loose enough to make staging the car as easy as possible without burning the fluid.

As far as track conditions. I had a really loose converter for the smallblock combo that I used in Reynolds a couple years ago. It only dropped 400 on the gear change but would 60' in the 1.34 range and the car would still run 5.0's. I could make 6-7 passes on it before the fluid needed to be changed.
How long did you have to stay on the TC during staging up to launching?

The 2000 will not just be a time based system. Although the 1000 is more controller than most will ever need, I can see some of the benefits of the 2000 that would be almost like cheating :biggrin:. I can only imagine some of the ideas Cal already has thought up.

I gave up on all the stages of boost control as I was fixing the chassis I was eliminating boost stages and found other methods of controlling the power rather than boost control that were more precise, predictable, and repeatable.
Timing? I think most traction control systems like to use ignition timing.

Here is a log of the only 1/4 mile pass. It stalled at 3200@0psi and did a 1.44 60ft. The launch was set @ 8psi on the boost controller. The NOS shuts off @ 149kpa.
What program are you using to open this file?

No, I don't know if the control pressures are being met exactly. I do a rough look at it, but I don't get that critical with it. I'm more concerned with the boost curve that the settings are creating than if the control pressure curve is matching the settings exactly.

I'm still not exactly sure what you're looking for. Are you wondering if the control pressure can jump from 23 to 27.9 in '?.??' time span? You know as well as I do that there is no way to save a data capture with this unit, so I don't have any reference to go back to so that I can dissect it more carefully for you.

When all else fails, read the directions. On page 15 of the AMS directions it says "Note-It is possible to set a Target PSI value that can NOT be reached........."

If you have a program doing this, you may make changes to your target boost settings and have no effect whatsoever to your boost curve. This is what I have been trying my best to convey. Hence my statement:

I am asking if that strategy is even possible for the controller to accomplish, nothing to do with your combination or anything to do with your car whatsoever. I am beginning to think your defensive attitude is because you don't have a basic fundamental understanding of the boost controller, otherwise, why not answer my simple question?

Is it different than CCom WP rel ver. 1.02, the free downloaded software? I can't open it.
Do I need to save the file with a different extension?

You can open a log with that program, but the data will be 90% wrong

For the correct program, you need to go to: Fuel Air Spark Technology - C-COM XFI? 1.340 Free download

WARNING: The XFI software might be a little nicer than you are used to j/k :biggrin:

When all else fails, read the directions. On page 15 of the AMS directions it says "Note-It is possible to set a Target PSI value that can NOT be reached........."

If you have a program doing this, you may make changes to your target boost settings and have no effect whatsoever to your boost curve. This is what I have been trying my best to convey. Hence my statement:
I think I've already stated that any change to the settings does affect a change in the boost curve. I did read the directions. Thank you.

I think I understand what your concern is. The target drop that I have programmed to reduce boost for the 1-2 shift is set below what is actually needed. If the target was set above what was needed, then it might not drop the actual boost far enough. I just make sure the target is below what I need for the boost drop. The target may not actually be obtained. If the actual boost drop ends up not being enough and I know I've already gone lower with the target number, then I know I've reached the limit of how quickly the controller can ramp down to give me the desired actual boost level. What I would do then is move to the timer and set the drop to begin sooner so that there is more time for the ramp down to occur. More time given for the ramp down to occur would give a lower target and then actual boost drop before the target is then commanded to begin climbing again. This means giving up some of the peak boost obtained before the time where the boost would be commanded to begin dropping. That has not always been a bad thing. Especially lately.
I have had to play with the timer to affect when the boost drop occurs in relation to the 1-2 shift. I have found that the point where I begin the ramp down in preparation of the 1-2 shift is very touchy. Usually, just a .200 sec change is need to get the timing on track.
I've also had the controller settings so close to the edge of traction that a .2 psi target pressure change meant the difference between traction and not.

How much boost are some of you guys getting away with through the 1-2 shift?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in a bracket situation, I would imagine they're not staging at the line at full stall, but rather on the 2-step at a lower rpm. Along with a high stall TC, this would cause the hit to be softer on transbrake release.
You are right about the tires. Bracket racers like the big rubber.

I don't know of anyone who would sit on the converter at max stall. They all leave off of a 2 step. Alot of the bracket guys prefer what they call a "soft hit" converter that does have a higher flash stall.

How long did you have to stay on the TC during staging up to launching?

I stage with a 3 step and 2 step. In the 1st beam I have a 3800 rpm limit where the car will build 2-3 psi of boost, once it hits that rev limit I give it a couple seconds before I roll into full stage. Once I hit the transbrake it's ready in half a second so it's basically immediate once the brake is engaged.

It all depends on the other racer on how long I have to sit on the converter. I sit at 3800 anywhere from 2 seconds or as much as 10-15 depending on what's going on at the starting line. Same goes for the 4200 rpm limit. It can be 1-2 seconds if the tree comes down quick or as much as 7 seconds if the guy in the other lane is trying to burn me down.

How much boost are some of you guys getting away with through the 1-2 shift?

With a glide.....full power well before the gear change.

TSM car...full power before 60ft. So that's 24psi:biggrin:

TSO car. I don't have any logs handy but it's over 20 psi at the 1-2 change. You do have to hit the launch harder in order for the car to take the power at the gear change. But the converter drops 1200 rpm without breaking the tires loose. The only car I have ever had to pull power out for a gear change was a pro-charged Mustang but it wasn't the gear change in reality. It was just for power management period. On the dyno the car would gain 300rwhp from 7000-8500 so it was just tricky on marginal tracks. We'd either short shift it or pull a little timing.

I think I understand what your concern is. The target drop that I have programmed to reduce boost for the 1-2 shift is set below what is actually needed.(snip).

I give up. I realize now, you don't understand completly how the controller works. You read the "Note" in the directions. Did your boost curve fall in that category?

Donnie - would you be willing to share one of your TEC datalogs? You're the only person I know of running this system. I'd like to take a drag strip log and load it on some new PCS software I have and see how it compares to a XFI. I really like the ignition strategy of the TEC as well as the staged injection BUT the lack of user friendliness has me on the fence.

I stage with a 3 step and 2 step. In the 1st beam I have a 3800 rpm limit where the car will build 2-3 psi of boost, once it hits that rev limit I give it a couple seconds before I roll into full stage. Once I hit the transbrake it's ready in half a second so it's basically immediate once the brake is engaged.

It all depends on the other racer on how long I have to sit on the converter. I sit at 3800 anywhere from 2 seconds or as much as 10-15 depending on what's going on at the starting line. Same goes for the 4200 rpm limit. It can be 1-2 seconds if the tree comes down quick or as much as 7 seconds if the guy in the other lane is trying to burn me down.
Wow. A lot of time. I understand that once the other person has staged and you are pre-staged, you have 7 seconds to stage. Is this correct? Is it a universal rule, or can it be different at different tracks? Longer time? I ask this because I know someone that feels the time was longer than 7 seconds and it caused him to ruin his trans and TC.

Donnie - would you be willing to share one of your TEC datalogs? You're the only person I know of running this system. I'd like to take a drag strip log and load it on some new PCS software I have and see how it compares to a XFI. I really like the ignition strategy of the TEC as well as the staged injection BUT the lack of user friendliness has me on the fence.
LOL If you think the user friendliness is bad now, you should have worked with some of the earlier versions.
I have to pass on the datalog. What I post on this thread is all I'm prepared to share on the engine management.