3.5" downpipes/external racegate for ATR headers & a/c

John,

Only difference would be to use a diff flange. I would also look for a 3.5" for my other turbo.

Lazaris,

Sorry I didn't return your email, but you asked for one for a GT4276, and doesn't fit what we're trying to do. I did save your email (and everyone else's) saved.

Our biggest problem is (1) time, because my fabricator and I are both students and haven't had any time to look at either of our car projects. (2) DCVING 6's comment below - making a downpipe to fit different cars/combos.

I was and wanted to be a vendor, this project would probably move faster.

Windmill, I would like to talk with you about flanges. shoot me your number?

Thanks,

John

I sent you an e-mail as well asking if you could send me the pictures of the one already made on your car. Need to do something for the up coming season. ATR headers, a/c, running a 70 GTQ external racegate.

Attachments

• my motor 2.jpg
    my motor 2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 671
Lazaris, I'm pretty sure that the exhaust housings are completely, dimensionally different. With a dp of this size, with a/c, everything has to be just right or it will hit somewhere.

turbogta, The way you worded your email, I thought you already saw the pictures on my website. I have attached a couple, but there's not much to see/tell, except for good welding.

I worded my last comment wrong. I wanted to say, "IF I was and wanted to be a vendor, this would move faster." I don't want to be a vendor, just want to give my student buddy some work do to with his new welder.

John

Attachments

• MotorRF.jpg
    MotorRF.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 628
Lazaris, I'm pretty sure that the exhaust housings are completely, dimensionally different. With a dp of this size, with a/c, everything has to be just right or it will hit somewhere.

turbogta, The way you worded your email, I thought you already saw the pictures on my website. I have attached a couple, but there's not much to see/tell, except for good welding.

I worded my last comment wrong. I wanted to say, "IF I was and wanted to be a vendor, this would move faster." I don't want to be a vendor, just want to give my student buddy some work do to with his new welder.

John

Very nice welding

It might be more practical to just vent the wastegate off the header and slap on the same SS 3.5" DP everyone else runs.
I bet TA Performance could put a flange on their collector for a few extra $$.

It would eliminate the custom aspect of the DP for the external WG that most vendors probably don't want to R&D on.

BTW, Tial wastegates are smaller and sexier looking. :p

I just had a 3.5 made for my 109, TA Headers, and AC. I'm in the prosses of putting my motor in this week. I should have some great pic's for you guys. The D.P. came out Awesome!!! perfect welds. It is an internal gate style. If you guys like it, I can have my fabricator make more w/ external aswell. Great craftmanship.

This is a pic of the flange I am using next to a PT-67 Ptrim & THDP.

Truly a great piece! My flanges will come from CRAIG (MONK) STEVENS.

Attachments

• DSC01440.jpg
    DSC01440.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 595
  • DSC01441.jpg
    DSC01441.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 585
It might be more practical to just vent the wastegate off the header and slap on the same SS 3.5" DP everyone else runs.
I bet TA Performance could put a flange on their collector for a few extra $$.

It would eliminate the custom aspect of the DP for the external WG that most vendors probably don't want to R&D on.

We are now doing a test fit on our 3-1/2" downpipe with integeral wastegate. Doubt that it will work with ATR headers? It will be fit on a car with stock, and our headers.

No plans to make this in external gate configuration. We are considering an external gate model for our current 3" DP, but so far interest has been lacking.

It is easy to put the external gate on our headers, as we have done this now on all our 4 bolt headers. Boost control is much more accurate when connecting the WG before the turbo housing.:)

3.5 Downpipe Complete

Well here it is... Let me know what you guys think ;) I can have one made for you guys in no time.

Attachments

• DSC01457.jpg
    DSC01457.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 517
  • DSC01460.jpg
    DSC01460.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 494
  • DSC01464.jpg
    DSC01464.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 508
  • DSC01465.jpg
    DSC01465.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 484
  • DSC01463.jpg
    DSC01463.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 496
Underboost, your guy does great work. Polish the welds, coat it up and start selling some 3.5" DP's!!!

Install Pic's

More pic's I have made this DP with TA Headers & AC I have no idea if this will fit with other headers.

Attachments

• DSC01463.jpg
    DSC01463.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 505
  • DSC01476.jpg
    DSC01476.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 528
  • DSC01478.jpg
    DSC01478.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 491
  • DSC01473.jpg
    DSC01473.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 506
TH3'' & My 3.5

Pipe looks good, how much clearance down by the chassis rail were the pipe runs. Is it enough to clear engine torque, and prevent pipe from hitting setting off knock!! Did you have to dent the pipe at all in this area. Thanks

bingo!!!!

Here it is--everyone wanting a 3.5 DP--now let's see how many actually step up and buy one. BTW, very nice work. Best of luck.

Pipe looks good, how much clearance down by the chassis rail were the pipe runs. Is it enough to clear engine torque, and prevent pipe from hitting setting off knock!! Did you have to dent the pipe at all in this area. Thanks

There's two areas that were slightly tapped. #1below the heater box, and #2 on the frame rail at the bottom. The other DP's are not going to rub at all. I have another one being made right now that has the new subtle bends. I won't sell junk. ;)

Underboost, great looking pipe, but unfortunately, I don't think that the pipe will clear ATR headers.

I wonder though, why you didn't just go ahead and use the Terry Houston 3.5" downpipe as I thought they are still available. Maybe that's false.

The update now is that I have no fabricator for the project. You should feel sorry for him. Most of his equipment has been stolen in the past few weeks - $13,000 worth of welding, plasma cutting, metalwork, and other tools.

Hope someone else steps up, and hope you guys will support him/her with $ if a product is made.

John