87 white regal

Yeah, While I'm at it... check the rear end out for any possible problems.
You asked for it with that one Lou!

Hay Chicken, you always have the interesting stories. Guess all us hot-rodders started similiarily. I liked British sports cars, and that is how I learned to fix things in the dark, rain, snow, up aside freeways with no emerg. lane, with a hammer & elect. tape. Some of us grew up to purchase
more reliable cars, & some of us became good mechanics to fix hot rods that we still keep driving. It'll be awful when Lou retires (if ever).
Humm...how did this thread start?

In my defense...these studs are long enough that the axles need to come out...

I'm not opposed to yanking my own axles (done it before on my Camaro)...I just don't feel like doing it.

On a 68 Camaro I used to troll around in in High school I had these poorly chosen and overly deep dished American Racing sloted rims (it was the late 70's :rolleyes:). The problem I always had was the studs would stress fracture over time and then snap occasionally. I'd hear it happen...they'd ping around the wheel dish until they got shot out onto the street....I'd watch them bounce off other cars in my mirrors... "Oooh...that's gonna leave a mark..."

I carried a bag full of spare studs and lug nuts around...I'd pull over...pull the wheel and brake drum...bang the rest of the broken stud out of the hub with a hammer and punch...insert the new stud...thread the nut on inside out and then wrench down on it to pull the stud into place...then back the nut off and reinstall everything and be on my way until I heard the next one go...:rolleyes:
Chicken , maybe you should stop yanking on your axle. Look what has happened to your mind.

Chicken , maybe you should stop yanking on your axle. Look what has happened to your mind.

Let's see...it took you 39 hours to come up with that one, Papa Lou...
...and I know you're feeling very creative right now...but...
I'd say your reaction time and short time is slipping...:biggrin:
:tongue:;)

For the record...my smooth hairless scalp was earned by making countless high speed passes and u-turns under the sheets with the ladies....

The wool sheets are the worst....static sucks, donchya know...:rolleyes:

Yanking on one's axle too much can make one's hair fall out.
Actually Gary his hand kept slipping off causing him to smack himself in the head & damage to the frontal lobe leading up this bizarre connection to a chicken.

That's where the doc smacked me to get me breathing since smacking my butt just made me blush and hold me breath.:redface:

You asked for it with that one Lou!

Hay Chicken, you always have the interesting stories. Guess all us hot-rodders started similiarily. I liked British sports cars, and that is how I learned to fix things in the dark, rain, snow, up aside freeways with no emerg. lane, with a hammer & elect. tape. Some of us grew up to purchase
more reliable cars, & some of us became good mechanics to fix hot rods that we still keep driving. It'll be awful when Lou retires (if ever).
Humm...how did this thread start?
I'm not going anywhere at least not voluntarily. As long as people request my work & support me I have nothing else I rather be doing. But tomorrow is guarantied to no one.

I'm not going anywhere at least not voluntarily. As long as people request my work & support me I have nothing else I rather be doing. But tomorrow is guarantied to no one.

How 'bout today....you gonna be in the shop this afternoon?
I'm leaving work early and could swing by after lunch (1:30-2PM) so we can agree on arrangements for the wheel studs, etc.

I wanna check out your latest creation too...:D

The happy camper !

TurboTGuy picking up his new ride & is that a banana in his pocket or was he just happy to see it.

Got a chance to see this car that everyone's been talking about. It looks like a very well thought out combo. I already feel sorry for the poor six figure, Euro car that tries to run it from a stop light.

If you keep that motor cool in the AZ heat, and keep a safe tune on it, then it should serve you well for many years. Mine has.;)

Happy spooling...

Mike B.

Empty nest !

Got a chance to see this car that everyone's been talking about. It looks like a very well thought out combo. I already feel sorry for the poor six figure, Euro car that tries to run it from a stop light.

If you keep that motor cool in the AZ heat, and keep a safe tune on it, then it should serve you well for many years. Mine has.;)

Happy spooling...

Mike B.

The white car is finished & gone so I'm on the hunt for the next project.

Lou,

Got home about an hour ago,

It’s 2:15 AM, it’s 91 degrees and 41% humidity and the air is dead still in this Hell they call Phoenix…………

Oh yeah, I forgot to say……….

But it’s a dry heat!:eek:

SNOOZ R might just be moth balled until October…..

Grumble, mumble, mumble……HEY, now I sound like you, ya’ grumpy old fart!

I’m still so FREEGKIN’ EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I can’t sleep.

HA,HA! I got even with our Native American friends on the way home. At Cabozon they had to pay for our dinner at the fancy restaurant upstairs and then I cashed out $700.

Then again, it was a $2100 win but in true TurboTGuy fashion I gave some of it back. (For those who don’t know me, true TurboTGuy fashion is to give it ALL back and then lose $300)

And another thing,,,,, You've cut me Lou, cut me to the bone..... I saw that you’re already looking for a new project.

Sniff,…… Where’s the LOVE, Uncle Lou?

Where’s the LOVE????????????

Again, THANK YOU for you friendship and all of your help!

I'll be in touch soon.

;)