You can type here any text you want

Anderson Performance ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring of 2009 I took my motor to Anderson to get repaired. He called and said my crank was cracked but he had a new Crower crank . It was a different stroke than my old one but he had rods and pistons . I said ok put it together so I can make Bowling Green . It wasn't done in time but not a big deal I got it going in June and went to the track .

On the second pass it broke a rod about ten feet off the line . I sent him the data logs and he said everything looked fine . In a text he said on June 29th 2009 "we will take care of it Brad ASAP let me know what you want to do " . We made plans and I met his partner Brian at Cincinnati and he took it back with him .

That was the last time I had any contact with Bill Anderson . Called the shop called and text his cell and email . Months went by without a word. I had Brian's number in my phone so I sent him a text . He replied and said Bill was having some problems but he had the motor apart and he thinks the lifter broke and wedged between the block and rod breaking the rod . It needed a rod , piston , new roller lifter, bearings and gaskets . If I would pay for the parts he would do the labor .

I had heard the old Carrillo rods are not good for over 800 hp so I said I wanted to put new Oliver's in it . On November 25 2009 they ran my card to pay for the parts . On January 22 2010 Brian texted that he had the new rods and it was out getting balanced . I said I might want to go to the TB.com race in March .Not a problem he said . Well he was covered up and didn't get it done .

Bowling Green was coming up so he started working on it . April 1 he found out he didn't have a piston but he would have one in plenty of time . Started to put it together and the rods had the wrong wrist pin size had to reorder .

Bpg not a problem make plans you will be ready . July 9 we have major problem ! The rods will not work . He had been told a chevy rod would work but guess what the bearing end is bigger on a Buick crank than a chevy . He can't find any 6.650 Buick rods . They are calling some Buick guru to find out what they can use . I said I can't believe you ordered the wrong rods twice . He said hey I'm not a Buick guy . I said you are Brian Roche, Roche Racing Engines and Anderson is supposed to be a Buick guru . I found a new set of 6.650 Carrillo rods here on the board but Mike didn't even try to sell them to me because they will not live at the hp level I hope to make . Thank you Mike .

So I put the deal on hold . I started to wonder why the long rod was in my motor . Brian said they put a piston in with my old 6.50 rods and it was obvious the piston was to low in the bore. Bill came up with the longer rods from somewhere .:confused:

I made plans and thank goodness on July 27 he shipped my old stuff to a different shop . Up to this point I just thought the poor choice in rods had caused it to let go .

The guy that has it now did a full inspection , cc'd everything and called with his findings . The motor had a 12 to 1 compression ratio and Ross said the pistons are not anything you would want to put in a turbo motor . If the rod hadn't let go the first time I ran any real boost the pistons would have failed . The block needs a sleeve and all the cylinders are bored oversized already.

I was sure it was 4.0** before the rebuild so I text Brain and ask if they bored my block just to use the pistons they had on the shelf. He said yes !:eek:

I am very upset but I tell them I just want the money I gave them for the parts they never used back .

I am out a lot of money on the motor they built that was junk but I figure there isn't any chance of getting anything back on that deal .

2 months no cash and now I don't get any response at all .

So he bored the block so he can use pistons that he had on the shelf..wow so he ruin a perfect block...that F#ck up!!!!:mad:

So he bored the block so he can use pistons that he had on the shelf..wow so he ruin a perfect block...that F#ck up!!!!:mad:

That's low. I've heard lots of stories just like this one. Not only on the board but even where I live. The "big dog" engine build shop just right up the street from me has done things like this numerous times from what I've heard. Happened to 2 people I know. Don't see near as many customers going in and out of that shop anymore. Hopefully your situation gets resolved.

12:1 with 117 octane and moderate timing will run just fine.

I would be afraid to run TSO level boost with that combination :eek: I imagine it would have pretty good throttle response :smile:

Brad: Have you tried contacting Avon T. or Jeff B? I am pretty sure they both have engines built by Anderson and may know how to contact him.

Mr. Anderson needs to man up and make things right. Screwing people over in this small community is not a good thing to do. :mad:

I don't Bill Anderson personally

but I'd wait to hear both sides before I condemn anyone.
not saying it did, or didn't happen,
just don't be to quick to judge.

Hearing the other side of the story is a "novel" idea! But wouldn't that mean the other party would have to respond? You see, that is the problem. The other party will not respond to numerous phone calls, e mails or the post on this message board. So how credible is that? Think about it!!!

Brad,

Bill mentioned that his number 410-282-9335 works and that he had
several calls on it yesterday. Perhaps calling him, would be the next logical step.
I am stepping out of the middle and going back to work now.

Called that number many times last year and talked to the box everytime .:rolleyes:

Just called it and Bill sr picked up ! Nice to know the phone works again . But none of them knew why I was calling and Bill had just stepped out .

I'm sure he has my home , cell and e-mail . I have even sent him PM'S when I see him on yellowbullet . It's not like he hasn't heard from me .

Who knows maybe he has decided to do the right thing.

Called that number many times last year and talked to the box everytime .:rolleyes:

Just called it and Bill sr picked up ! Nice to know the phone works again . But none of them knew why I was calling and Bill had just stepped out .

I'm sure he has my home , cell and e-mail . I have even sent him PM'S when I see him on yellowbullet . It's not like he hasn't heard from me .

Who knows maybe he has decided to do the right thing.

FWIW I suggested that he should call you.

Brad: Have you tried contacting Avon T. or Jeff B? I am pretty sure they both have engines built by Anderson and may know how to contact him.

I heard that Jeff (fatNat) longer works for billy and is into v8s now dont blame him there!! as far as Avon after the year hes had with billy and his engine i would be suprised if he is with billy but he may be your best bet. I would try and get a hold of billy for ya but im betting he wouldnt take my call since what ive been saying about him for years has been proven in this post.

JUDGE!!! Let me see, 12to1 compression, bored the block 40 over to use pistons that he had on the shelf ... Don't you call that EVADIENCE?:confused:

Guys Anderson Performance has been around for a long long time. Its always been a stand up place to have work done. Billy and Brian both have always done the right thing as I have seen the past 8 years that I worked there. And if anyone has ever dealt with Mr. Bill then you know he is one of the coolest guys on the planet. Like I said not sure what all went on with Brads engine since I havent been there and can give no insight on this situation. Sorry I cant offer any help.
Jeff

I had a personal business experience with Mr. Anderson and it wasn't a good one and he never made any attempt to make it right.Instead he only stooped to calling me names. Even though the ad showed in his own words what the part was supposed to be and what i received wasn't close to being as he described. I spent a considerable amount of time trying to get ahold of him on the phone,i left messages for him to call me and he never called me to discuss the problems.

I'm not going to bring up any details of that here but the transaction is only a search away.

Because someone has been in business a long time or that they are the coolest person you ever met doesn't necessarily mean they are always honest or haven't done some people they did business with wrong!!

A stand up person doesn't hide from or ignore someone when they know their trying to get ahold of them because of a problem.

Had customer that had an engine done by them, lots of blow by on that thing. Also a false knock issue,he tossed it on the dyno and it still made 450ish to the wheels.:eek: I took care of the knock issues but the blow by still remains.

Also bought a T from them in 2004. Some of the parts it was supposed to have were not on it..fuel pump,chip all stock.

Had customer that had an engine done by them, lots of blow by on that thing. Also a false knock issue,he tossed it on the dyno and it still made 450ish to the wheels.:eek: I took care of the knock issues but the blow by still remains.

Also bought a T from them in 2004. Some of the parts it was supposed to have were not on it..fuel pump,chip all stock.

Did you ever figure this blow by issue out. Have the same problem with my engine although on another hp level and with alcohol but still...
Motor is also built by Bill. Ross pistons and 4.020 bore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back