Another HA intake cut-open and flowed

i could get to about 14 psi then i woulsd have issues. as we found out cylinder temps where different. also plugs play a huge part. imop run as cold as possible

i could get to about 14 psi then i woulsd have issues. as we found out cylinder temps where different. also plugs play a huge part. imop run as cold as possible

Are you using a projected tip or a non projected tip?. What was the temp varience among the cylinder. What would be a neat test is try a stocker then a champion unit and then a gasket ported unit and see how react. I'll buy the gaskets ...

How is the fuel system setup . Did the same cylinder get hot as with the stocker that was ported .

FYI: As I tuned the individual cylinders, the cylinder correction changed at diferent boost levels. I kept them within 24 degrees of each other, but it was like hitting a moving target. It was obvious to me that the distribution changed as the airflow increased

im running a non projected tip. projected tip plugs are no good on a boosted motor imop. and cal if i remember right you where better then that. it was within 21deg ;)

i didnt have issues that made me believe there was a problem with the gasket ported intake. it wasnt till i install a gutted one again that i suspected and found problems. years back i had issues with a gutted intake and never figure out the problem. now its clear what the problem is

i guess with all the free time and loads of money i can throw around guess i could do testing with all the intakes.

Lmfao i wish. however that would be cool if someone could. if cal was closer i would do it since he is the only one imop that could get a solid tune and see the difference

maybe down the road i will get another gn just to do testing and data collection. till then i will save up my money

this is proof in the pudding. Disturbing the insides is causing turbulence. The swirling action of the air towards the ports is interfering with the flow to the ports next to it. what seems like a mass increase in flow is negated buy the intakes own inability to process the extra air properly.

the air makes 3 turns before its at the ports. open or not it wont flow.

doesnt anyone remember when it was popular to turbo those fox body mustangs? they had those huge runner intakes that bent over like an "L"? they sucked major ass under boost.

im not sure at what point people will see issues. i think every car will see issues at a different points. some might not ever see a problem while others might. it comes down to the entire combination. I would love to test intakes but man thats alot of work. maybe eric can ;)

im not sure at what point people will see issues. i think every car will see issues at a different points. some might not ever see a problem while others might. it comes down to the entire combination. I would love to test intakes but man thats alot of work. maybe eric can ;)

id toss some of my hard earned pennies on this.

this point needs to get proven.

I'll donate 200 bucks right now.

I think there was an issue during devlopment of the intake in that the engineers didnt understand dynamic flow under boost.

Depends what you mean by "dynamic" ha-ha. Their design goal was always to make the little V6 behave like a stock showroom 350 V8 in normal street driving with a country clubber behind the wheel. (Another whole thread might argue how well they succeeded.)

I think the point SloGN has been struggling to make is that, with a bigger turbo on a motor running at higher RPM, you arrive at a point where removing the restrictions allows you to get a larger volume of boost to each cylinder at a faster rate than the stock approach. The key to understanding his derangement lies in the bigger turbo on a motor running at higher RPM, certainly well beyond what the designers had in mind.

I remain dubious myself, but hey....

if i could take a month off and have cal out here every day we could do. however time is something i dont have. sure wish i got paid and didnt have to go to work like being retired. maybe if i hit the lotto

if i could take a month off and have cal out here every day we could do. however time is something i dont have. sure wish i got paid and didnt have to go to work like being retired. maybe if i hit the lotto
Well powerball is at $500 million right now so get a ticket Brent.:p

I had a really bad feeling this was fishtailing in my direction. Here I am, extremely happy with how my cars running and your wanting me to convert it into a test mule for hotair intakes.

Cal

May I ask what device was being used to check the cylinder temps during Dyno pulls. How was this conducted. Does the headers have egt bung in all of the tubes .

I certainly want to know the outcome .

yes egt probes monitored via the xfi. as for rpm range, that wont be posted at this time due to us testing some things. i will post that data later once we are done with testing. i hope you understand.

we arent sure where my motor will make peak power. problem is i dont want to put out all kinds of info when im testing items to see if they work or dont. i dont want someone to buy anything that might hurt performance. once i know what works best i will let you know