You can type here any text you want

Best way to stop oil leaking from around the pan top

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MCH86GN

I think I have an oil leak somewhere. I'm not sure what gasket I have. The reason I'm so concerned is that I just pulled everything, suspension, steering, and blown motor and cleaned the Chassis. Probably 100 hours of work, just to clean the front part. So now it is dis-heartening to see oil leak on my freshly painted chassis. Even though the paint is supposed to hold up against everything except break fluid. Also, if the pan is bent anywhere around the edges, I can't tell, could that cause a leak?

Regards,
I PO'd MF.

Easy Fix, DON"T put any oil in it !!!

Sorry just being a smart AZZ but couldn't resist.
I know how frustrating oil leaks on these damn engines can be. I really don't think you have a bent oil pan, what kind of gasket is in there? Is it rubber or cork?

Easy Fix, DON"T put any oil in it !!!

Sorry just being a smart AZZ but couldn't resist.
I know how frustrating oil leaks on these damn engines can be. I really don't think you have a bent oil pan, what kind of gasket is in there? Is it rubber or cork?

Funny Mike. I wanted to say "You know you're making HP when it leaks oi".

If a Buick doesn't leak oil.........better add some QUICK!!!

THe best way to stop the pan from leaking is to use a cork pan gasket and use the 'The Right Stuff" on both sides of the gasket. Make sure the pan rail and the pan is perfectly clean and dry.

Back