BG 2013 Updates

You know all the GSCA would have to do is the right thing for the Racers. Bowling Green is a great town and a great track .When you purchase something like a Service or product you hand someone money or credit card .In return a service or goods or products are given.That is also what a contract is .( a meeting of the minds so to speak)When we all gave our funds to the GSCA it was for a service ( to provide us a day of spectating ,showing,or racing).On Saturday they took our money (mine was disputed at the gate BTW)and did not provide a service.I would say the money would provide electricity,payroll,safety,tower,lights,and insurance.Were any of those thing provided ?Maybe some security,some electricity.But that is it .SO did the GSCA have to pay for the day or not .I am going to ask Sean if he had to pay for the race at Columbus that the BPG cancelled and returned funds.Also this year the Norwalk event was rained out and Roberta said the tickets were good for next year or for the rain date.It is just a matter of doing the right thing here .I would be good with making the tickets good for next year and giving the people a year to sell them if they cant make the event.Otherwise it is not much different than someone reaching in you pocket and stealing you money because the service was never provided

Sean set up at the gate and gave refunds at Columbus

GS Nats and GSCA are run/owned by two different people.

Reason for canceling event was the top end shutdown area would not drain as they tried several different things to do it as well and the water would just stand there even after brushing/brooming, etc.

As far as Friday night, I ran the Big Gun Shootout as a last minute favor to my buddy Rod and the track was not thrilled since apparently in the fall the dew gets on the track around 600pm. Believe me I was hoping to run all 3 rounds for the money on Friday night but that was shot down quickly due to cost factors to turn on lights and more importantly the the track not being able to hold the cars as people were skating right before the car show awards.

Sorry to hear about the money situation and not getting back refunds and what not as it seems in these types of situations the track is the only winner in getting money no matter if rain or shine.

By the way, Kessler your Facebook posts about Alabama are always entertaining. And various problems you have had with Sprint and other companies. Always amusing!

FYI im not an official for either the club or the event, was a last minute Chinese fire drill position I was thrown into so any real specifics I would be unable to answer with 100 percent certainty other than what I stated above.

Unsure what their contract is for Saturday. I know quite a few events have different policies. Cecil race I believer has a different one as well. All depends I guess on track management and the specifics you draw up as well. Also unsure of the break down of $$ as well. Many events will take in all the gate fees and just hand over to the track. Other events may split costs with all the gate fees and divide them up with the track as well depending on the associated costs. Or the track will just take in all the gate fees and disperse them where they need to go as well. You can really slice it many different ways and it can become more complex when you have people pre registering or just doing daily admission plus race or admission plus car show plus racing. Plus add in assorted fees for registration then for vht, track personnel, emts, use of any additional clean up if it rains such as hay etc. You laugh but its happened before in the Buick community!

You guys need to come out to Ohio to the BPG nationals. Great track, great people, can't ask for much more then that! The only thing missing is you! I've been to Bowling Green a few times over the years and was never impressed at all. I can't figure out why you guys attend an event that just wants your money! I'm all about the people and the cars. BPG and Cecil are by far the best two Buick events out there.

You guys need to come out to Ohio to the BPG nationals. Great track, great people, can't ask for much more then that! The only thing missing is you! I've been to Bowling Green a few times over the years and was never impressed at all. I can't figure out why you guys attend an event that just wants your money! I'm all about the people and the cars. BPG and Cecil are by far the best two Buick events out there.

I was at Columbus this year, and Norwalk. I got rained out 3 out of 4 races I went to. I think Columbus was called prematurely.

We had aevent at St. Louis this year and the track is very nice and almost dead center located.
DDay