Boosted RPS and Gee M Racing

You got a bill from FedEx after you already paid for shipping...what in the world???

It is the customs fee.

I have done everything I can think of to try and rectify this issue, but Gee M is not taking responsibility for the poor fitment, and keeps telling me that we need to force them to fit, and that after a few heat cycles all will be fine...

Something has changed in their production process from when they first made these headers.

As of now, I will no longer be recommending these headers to anyone. At least until these issues are resolved.

I am entirely open to ideas as to how to get this fixed...I've emailed both Martelius and Gee M, and I keep getting the same runaround answers.

So since I'm the bad guy here, how would you "good guys" do things differently?

It is the customs fee.

I have done everything I can think of to try and rectify this issue, but Gee M is not taking responsibility for the poor fitment, and keeps telling me that we need to force them to fit, and that after a few heat cycles all will be fine...

Something has changed in their production process from when they first made these headers.

As of now, I will no longer be recommending these headers to anyone. At least until these issues are resolved.

I am entirely open to ideas as to how to get this fixed...I've emailed both Martelius and Gee M, and I keep getting the same runaround answers.

Understood. We all know that this is out of your hands and yes I feel it's best that you stop selling their brand, until improvements are made. Also, I don't believe anyone is pointing the finger at you in regards to this matter, it's being directed toward Gee M. How is your new job working out for you?

Understood. We all know that this is out of your hands and yes I feel it's best that you stop selling their brand, until improvements are made. Also, I don't believe anyone is pointing the finger at you in regards to this matter, it's being directed toward Gee M. How is your new job working out for you?

While I appreciate your diplomatic view, I know that there are people in this thread and also my last customer to get these headers, that are holding me personally accountable.

I know Boost231 insinuated that I should refund my customers money because Gee M isn't fixing it....

New job? No complaints. Still learning all the finer details, so that when my 90 day review comes I'll have earned the promotion.

Otherwise I intend on taking a position at PG&E if they don't honor what was promised to me at my 90 day mark. Either way, I'll be getting paid for my efforts, which is all I could ask for ;)

While I appreciate your diplomatic view, I know that there are people in this thread and also my last customer to get these headers, that are holding me personally accountable.

I know Boost231 insinuated that I should refund my customers money because Gee M isn't fixing it....

New job? No complaints. Still learning all the finer details, so that when my 90 day review comes I'll have earned the promotion.

Otherwise I intend on taking a position at PG&E if they don't honor what was promised to me at my 90 day mark. Either way, I'll be getting paid for my efforts, which is all I could ask for ;)
We should all understand that you are at the mercy of your vendor which is Gee M and you can only do so much. It's now up to them to step up and make things right if they plan on having a future with us Turbo Buick guys.

Hey man, I'm glad to hear that you are liking your new job and good luck on your 90 day review. Got any new updates with your build?

We should all understand that you are at the mercy of your vendor which is Gee M and you can only do so much. It's now up to them to step up and make things right if they plan on having a future with us Turbo Buick guys.

Hey man, I'm glad to hear that you are liking your new job and good luck on your 90 day review. Got any new updates with your build?

You would think people would be able to grasp that concept...but it never ceases to amaze me just how densr and short-sided some people can be....

Thanks for the congrats on the new job. I really feel like I'm already making an impact. The owner, and the other partners, have all said to me at one point or another that they are glad that I am here, and that they are liking what I am doing and how I am making a positive difference already. Hearing stuff like that makes me want to work even harder just to show them how much I appreciate the opportunity to work here, and also how much it means to the staff in general, when they let someone know how much they are appreciated for their contributions.

My build? Nothing as of late. My end game here is to eventually get a storage unit that can house my car, bring my car down here, and be able to work on it on the weekends/etc. But rjght now I have to settle some things, and make my 90 day review, before that can happen ;)

It is the customs fee.

I would tell them strokes over on the other side of the pond to eat a dick. Who the hell sells something and knows there fitment issues and tells you to deal with it. It's like being on a date with a hot ass chick and at the end of the night you find out she has balls deal with it?????? Yea right.

I would tell them strokes over on the other side of the pond to eat a dick. Who the hell sells something and knows there fitment issues and tells you to deal with it. It's like being on a date with a hot ass chick and at the end of the night you find out she has balls deal with it?????? Yea right.

Yea well, I have their two MS3 units that we "traded" for, that aren't going to be sent until this is fixed...

This is just my opinion since I was brought up yet again.

These headers should be returned to the vendor the OP got them from which I believe is RPS if that's what he wants to do.

That said vendor should honor the return if they haven't been run and are in the same condition he got them in.

The OP beef is with RPS not with Gee M if he bought them from RPS.

RPS needs to deal with Gee M to figure out if they are going to refund RPS money or fix the bad headers or send him a new set

The OP doesn't need to be dealing with Gee M at all IMOP.

The OP should get a full refund plus whatever it cost to return them to the vendor he got them from or a new set of headers.

And as far as getting a 32 dollar bill from FedEx. Customs fees should clearly be brought up to the purchaser and explain they will need to cover that or the vendor will cover it under there shipping cost.

If I buy something from a vendor and i pay for shipping and FedEx wants more shipping money from me I will send that package back and refuse it.

Not saying this wasn't brought up but if it wasnt, bringing it up after the fact and saying custom fees doesn't make things right. I would be demanding money back.

Anyways this is why I'm not a vendor. You need to make customers happy and sometimes you have issues like this and yes it takes money away from the business but at the end of the day it needs to be right. Same thing when I sell parts on the board if the customer isn't 100 percent happy send it back to me in the condition you got it and I'll refund your money.

Pointing fingers is BS.

CHEERS....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reasons like this I avoid certain parts of the market. Headers are a nightmare. Yes an absolute nightmare. I’ve installed many headers. Only one type fits perfectly every time. They aren’t aftermarket either. A while back we compared some flanges to different gaskets. At least two brands of headers at one time copied an SCE gasket. Well guess what. The SCE gasket is wrong. It’s close but not quite right. So right off the bat you are at a disadvantage and have something big working against you. It should also be noted that the shape of the crossover is basically a letter U or close to it. So having a slip joint on only one plane is inadequate. You can move it side to side but not up and down. It’s entirely possible to have a .080-.100” variance in height per bank due to different block deck heights and head gasket thickness. How is that variance accounted for in the design? Stock has it covered. Though stock doesn’t have side to side covered it’s less of a problem with the ball flanges. The correct thing to do is have two slip joints if v band flanges are going to be used or have a fab shop make a crossover for the specific car. Flanges are also prone to warpage from welding them. A lot of things working against you when trying to make it fit as t should. I’ve been asked how much to install headers. The answer given is too much. Then I hear well how much work can it be? I reply if so little effort is needed why are you asking me about it. I’ve seen people fighting with headers at BG. Poorly fitting, minimal tools around, no fabricating tools, no welder, etc. end result is lousy. I’ve had to cut flanges off of at least two sets of new headers because they weren’t going to work. How come it wasn’t in the instructions[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many new cars have small flex joints in the exhaust. Would one in the cross pipe help with the fit?

Many new cars have small flex joints in the exhaust. Would one in the cross pipe help with the fit?

A high pressure bellows could probably be added in for a couple hundred. People think $1500 is a lot to spend on a good set of headers[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That extra $ would pay itself back in labor for installing headers I'm sure. I know I fudged for hours trying to get everything to line up.

The guy building these headers obviously is very talented. ....one look at them and you can tell.

Working stainless is a little unpredictable at times. I wouldn't call the headers junk they just need a little refinement. I have built/Tig welded enough to understand how a masterpiece can go south on you in a hurry.

Well this thread got me thinking and I had to go check my headers. I never did anything with them when they shipped to me except take them out of the box to look at them. Drivers side was good. This is the passenger side middle cylinder. Even when I layed a straight edge across the flanges middle cylinder was a strong 1/8" out.
What do you guys think? Think these will bolt up? Was going to have my EGT bungs installed next month.
ebf8453bba979c2780f77d346253e55f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I got worried also. Hopefully I can get these to work with not to much hassle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I had ordered a set of TA headers and didn't get to install them for a few months. When i got to test fit them on the engine while it was on the stand the flanges were warped. No way they were going to seal. Sent them back and the next set was much better. Just saying this issue is not unique.