Buicks @ Bates 2016 - Official Kickoff Thread

It was a good time with everyone! Great weather! Thanks to all the coordinators that make it possible!

Family had a great time. A lot of inspiring cars there to help plan new projects (; Thanks to everyone putting on such a great event! Great pictures too.

Had a great time meeting people and seeing some awesome Buicks! Definitely worth the drive from the San Fernando Valley. Thank you to Mike and all the organizers who helped make this happen.

Just got back to Phoenix and a nice, balmy !09 degrees..... Uhhg.

Thanks to everyone who was involved in putting on this event. As usual, I had a wonderful time!

Hey Lou, thanks for straightening out all the little bugs she had just the night before.

Great event. Had a good time and took a lot of pics, which I will share. This event reaffirmed my love of going to car shows; most I've gone to lately [here in SoCal] have not been much fun. The turbo Regal family is alive and well. MANY thanks to the hard work by all the sponsors and organizers. It was great seeing old friends.
Mike Elia
87 T
Grey

Share them on the event facebook page as well! :)

https://www.facebook.com/buicksatbates/

So glad everyone had fun...gets kinda hectic on the home stretch finalizing all the details. In the end, just watching everyone together in one cool place is well worth the efforts.

Already plotting for next year. :devil:

Thanks to everyone who was involved in putting on this event. As usual, I had a wonderful time!

Hey Lou, thanks for straightening out all the little bugs she had just the night before.

I'm sure you had no problem beating the heat...

Your act of pure generosity is unprecedented at our event and was the coolest gesture I have seen in years.

Bravo my friend...Bravo!

Family had a great time. A lot of inspiring cars there to help plan new projects (; Thanks to everyone putting on such a great event! Great pictures too.
Was yours the car with the dead battery?

Guy it was great you seeing me again :)

Was yours the car with the dead battery?

Yep, a few people had the portable jumpers but was not enough juice to get it started. No one had jumper cables including me. Kind of funny cause i was reminded of that on the way home with all these old cars no jumper cables. Got it jumped by a nice young lady that was a Bates employee with a tiny car and pink cables. Next time I will make sure to bring jumper cables (;

I had a box and offered when you needed it, it will start anything. I also had cables but I was told you were good. I was one of the last to leave.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Had a great time guys!!

Thanks again for all the efforts of those involved.(y) Next year I promise I'll bring my Buick even if it's on a trailer with a for sale sign in the window. :ROFLMAO:

Neal

Thank mike and crew for making this event bad ass . Sorry I was alil out of it from my all night trans swap . But it was great seeing all the familiar faces and meeting some new ones . And the raffle was awesome aswell not only because I won that bad ass boost gauge but it was great to see all the vendors that support are lil group .

Had a great time guys!!

Thanks again for all the efforts of those involved.(y) Next year I promise I'll bring my Buick even if it's on a trailer with a for sale sign in the window. [emoji23]

Neal
Mine will be there as well. Mike B we need to talk about next year when you have time

I had a great time too. My son loves the G bodies so he's already looking forward to next year. Difference is, I'll have my Buick out by then, which will be great. Thanks Mike B and all the vendors who support this community, thanks Nick for supplying the great parts, and thanks papa Lou for putting up with my shit:D.

I had a great time too. My son loves the G bodies so he's already looking forward to next year. Difference is, I'll have my Buick out by then, which will be great. Thanks Mike B and all the vendors who support this community, thanks Nick for supplying the great parts, and thanks papa Lou for putting up with my shit:D.
Yes you do provide some amusement to my dull life :wacky:

Last edited:
I had a box and offered when you needed it, it will start anything. I also had cables but I was told you were good. I was one of the last to leave.

Ah yes, thanks for everyone that tried and offered. Felt a little bit like a chicken with his head chopped off. My girlfriends son and i had our first bowling league game at 4pm. We made it there just in time :)

uploadfromtaptalk1465628580892.jpeg
uploadfromtaptalk1465628593321.jpeg
uploadfromtaptalk1465628602573.jpeg
uploadfromtaptalk1465628615992.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1465628631950.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1465628639398.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1465628649134.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1465628656926.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1465628666416.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1465628673401.jpg

Bates 2016

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1465628748943.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1465628755353.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1465628763363.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1465628771577.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1465628778144.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1465628784494.jpg

Bates 2016
I would like to say thank you to Mike, Lou, Guy, Sdslider, and Nick for making Bates 2016 such a wonderful show. There was such a great representation of TB's, GS's, Skylark's, and even a Wildcat. I'm definitely still new to the TB community, but thoroughly enjoy the support and dedication that you guys have shown to myself as well as the culture. We are a rare breed of car enthusiasts from various spectrums of life, and I'm honored to have been around such great people. Thanks again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've got some pics to post up. I'll try to get them up today.