You can type here any text you want

Changing fuel/spark curves on 5.7 chip using powerlogger

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
As I understand, key must be on, and you must go to the F3 page of the powerlogger to manually type in the new settings. My question is when you're looking at the tables, and let's say you just want to change 1st gear only fuel, are you supposed to change some or all the tables for the 2nd table down, or across? :confused:

on the F1 screen it has a "About PLC" button on the lower right hand side
push the button and it will tell you the version

mine says "PLC Version 1.2.9"

That's the latest version. You can try and make a change to see if everything else is up to date. Here's how:

key on engine off for this experiment

open the data tab, and notice the bottom two rows of the BLM table. I can't tell you what cell does what because I run Extender chips, however, pick a cell, and double click in it. This should pop open a small window with that cells's value displayed. Double click inside that little widow on the value, type a new value close to the old value (I.E. change a 128 to a 127). Press enter.

Did it take???

If it did you're good to go. Now all you have to do is figure out what cell controls what, and make your desired changes.

BTW, if all this works you should be able to make changes with the engine running also.

I updated the instructions to make it more clear:

Capture99.JPG

Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric

You didn't get any directions with your chip????

As you can see, just the bottom 4 cells are the adjustable ones.

Yes Dave I did, but I'm still a noob at the powerlogger. In the past I used the gas pedal method to adjust parameters. But I appreciate the clarification, as I wasn't sure which cells I needed to change.

I updated the instructions to make it more clear:

View attachment 132952

Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric

Thanks Eric for pointing me in the right direction.

It's ok. Not much different from my last chip. The ability to change the settings on a laptop versus using the gas pedal is nice. But since changing the chip I noticed at the track the car is running slower times.

It's ok. Not much different from my last chip. The ability to change the settings on a laptop versus using the gas pedal is nice. But since changing the chip I noticed at the track the car is running slower times.

did you set the new chip to the same parameters as your old chip?
was there a significant weather temp deference between the runs?

did you set the new chip to the same parameters as your old chip?
was there a significant weather temp deference between the runs?

No and no.

In fact the only reason why I switched chips is because I switched injectors. And I switched injectors because at times I was exceeding the old injectors.

The old injectors were 36 lb blue top Ford injectors. The new injectors are the 60's Eric sells. I had him do an alky chip to go with them.

I did try leaning out the 1st gear WOT while at the track in hopes of leaning it out to not bog on launch. All it did was cause my trap speed to drop 1 mph. :o

Next step on the hit list is a converter, if i can generate some sales from parts to fund the bill.

Back