considering buying a glock 23

datant69

found a guy who's needing some cash, 350 for this gun. i'm not really a glock guy due to the safety but may add it to my arsenal due to the real reasonable price. just wanted to know if anyone could run the serial number if i PM them. it's from an individual and i'm usually leery of buying them unless i know the history or buy it from a dealer.

Unless the gun was stolen and the original owner reported the serial number to Police , you wont be able to find that out. You may have to stop by and ask if they will run the serial number thru NCIC, but that may differ from state to state.

i was considering doing that

but i'm not sure if the buyer has the time to go with me. i'd feel better if i could run the serial number before as being into gun sales i know the penalty for having one that is stolen and i don't want no part of that. i did alittle research last night and it's a gen 2 made in 96 serial number starts with AAC

Unless the gun was stolen and the original owner reported the serial number to Police , you wont be able to find that out. You may have to stop by and ask if they will run the serial number thru NCIC, but that may differ from state to state.

National
Crime
Information
Center

Last time I checked, National meant USA (50 states) and on occasion, had stuff come up from Puerto Rico. ;)

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

just called the local PD

and the datatbase he was looking said it was full so i have to call back. so until i can atleast run it through the local PD to make sure it's not stolen. they told me they cant confirm if it was used in a crime but i'll get as much info as possible from him before i buy it.

The Glock 23 is a nice off duty weapon. Still big enough to wrap your hand around the grip compared to that little 27 yet still concealable. Nice choice. I have huge hands and basically use my duty weapon as my off duty which is the Glock 22 40ca,.

just talked to the PD gun is not hot

so i'm buying it, the only thing the cops said was they can't say if it was used in a crime. which i'm not too worried about, i'll most likely not use it as i carry a taurus 45 millenium and i'm comfortable with it.

One of the most popular guns ever made... You will love it... I love mine!

we'll see

One of the most popular guns ever made... You will love it... I love mine!

i thought it would be smaller as it's suppose to be a compact gun. but my taurus is smaller and it's a 45. seems like it's a bigger gun, wife was like you don't need that gun but for the price i couldn't pass it up. called the PD and it's legit, so now i'm the owner of a glock 23 to add to the rest of my guns. my only issue is the safety but i may get over it.

That is my personal carry weapon also. Love it, never had any issues or misfires.

National
Crime
Information
Center

Last time I checked, National meant USA (50 states) and on occasion, had stuff come up from Puerto Rico. ;)

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
Thanks for the explanation genius. State to State access to the system differs. I wouldn't expect a security guard to know that.:eek::wink:

i thought it would be smaller as it's suppose to be a compact gun. but my taurus is smaller and it's a 45. seems like it's a bigger gun, wife was like you don't need that gun but for the price i couldn't pass it up. called the PD and it's legit, so now i'm the owner of a glock 23 to add to the rest of my guns. my only issue is the safety but i may get over it.

Glad to see you up and posting Anthony. If you feel up to it come down and you can blow some rounds out here. Not like I don't have some space after all.:biggrin: Bring some 7.62 Nato and I'll let you use the FNFAL.:eek::biggrin:

If you want you can even use some of the other toys I have.:cool: Just make sure to bring the ammo with you.:biggrin:

Thanks for the explanation genius. State to State access to the system differs. I wouldn't expect a security guard to know that.:eek::wink:

I have access to NCIC on my laptop in the car. Everyone I enter into the laptop are automatically ran through NCIC. Then there is a seperate section for B/G/A. (Boats/Guns/Articles)

The stripes have gotten to your head. You are one of THEM now. :tongue:

I called you at both numbers and you didn't answer. Even Karl answered his phone.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

It's really crazy seeing all you guys who aren't in law enforcement with cc. permits. Here in NJ you must be in LEO or have a really desperate and serious reason to have to carry. I would freak out seeing all the normal citizens carrying in the other states because of how strict we are here. Not trying to sound like a dick but the diversity of state law is so extreme.

maybe so but i feel more secure

It's really crazy seeing all you guys who aren't in law enforcement with cc. permits. Here in NJ you must be in LEO or have a really desperate and serious reason to have to carry. I would freak out seeing all the normal citizens carrying in the other states because of how strict we are here. Not trying to sound like a dick but the diversity of state law is so extreme.

to know that i don't have to be a victim, i'm not trigger happy but i'm not sitting around waiting for my turn if someone decides to do something stupid.

thanks charlie, i may keep it, but i may not, wife blew a gasket after i bought it. i have a buddy looking for a gun he owns his own store. but i explained that this may not be the best 1st time gun to own. few positive things i told him was easy to clean and break down, and very dependable. he didn't care much for the safety either. i won't be making any long trips anytime soon, as it feels like the hardware is coming out of the incision. not suppose to drive for about 1 month after surgery. so it'll be awhile before i get on the road and take a road trip.

i also thought the price was good that's the only reason i bought it, incase i didn't care for it i could sell it and make a few bucks on it.