Cotter pin on wastegate actuator

Duff73

Does anyone know what type of pin this is? If there is a standard replacement or something that is an adequate substitute? When I put my THDP on last year it was lost in the process and have been using a makeshift paperclip, although no problems have arisen as of yet I wouldn't mind getting a more permanent replacement.

Any help would be appreciated.

When i bought my GN the previous guy had an small alligator clip on it... Working great for me and easy to adjust the boost when needed.:cool:

Can also purchase those clips from any Lowe's or Home Depot in the section with all the bolts and fasteners. Or just use a small alligator clip as mentioned already.

I use a hair pin type spring clip. Smaller than an alligator clip so it doesn't look so out of place and easier than an e-clip to put on and take off if needed.

A throttle cable clip works GREAT!!! If you eve need a clip in a hurry (like in the drak at the track) take the one off of the cruise control canister/cable. Pick up a few at a wrecking yard, or in the HELP section at your local parts store.

I fondly call this the Jesus clip. As I pray to find where it has gone to when I remove it and it shoots off or I drop it.

A dual purpose..

When i bought my GN the previous guy had an small alligator clip on it... Working great for me and easy to adjust the boost when needed.:cool:

part!
When not "boosting" it can be used as a handy roach clip!:D
I make them up w/ a piece of fine braided cable, from Lowes. I use a pair of wire crimpers on the clip end, and a loop on the other end, made w/ a loop wire connector.
Won't get lost if it falls off.....

Paper clips have saved me from more disasters than I care to remember. Handy little things. Handy to have around. Roach clips?!?!? That's funny.:biggrin:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Paper clips have saved me from more disasters than I care to remember. Handy little things. Handy to have around. Roach clips?!?!? That's funny.:biggrin:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Yeah.......until they get stopped and the car gets impounded for drug paraphernalia. :rolleyes: