Datebase error WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, you are kidding:confused: Nothing has changed, Jay took a big load off the server and everything was cool... I assume the rest of the web was ok for you?

Shane it was pretty bad last night. The database error says that it contacts the website with the issues so he should have plenty of errors in his file. Other sites loaded just fine. HTH

Bryan

As much as I hate to say it you may need to take it down for a little maintainance. Something has to be funky with it.

This is in the source for the error message. Google the error and it points to limitations from the hosting provider or the configuration of the server.

<!--
Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [&lt;a href='function.mysql-connect'&gt;function.mysql-connect&lt;/a&gt;]: User turbobui_turbo already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
/home/turbobui/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 311

MySQL Error :
Error Number :
Request Date : Monday, July 5th 2010 @ 09:45:45 PM
Error Date : Monday, July 5th 2010 @ 09:45:45 PM
Script : http://www.turbobuick.com/
Referrer :
IP Address : 76.177.249.23
Username :
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :
-->

</body>
</html>

Jay did some work on it last night. Hopefully things are better this morning!

Yea.. Ive been trying to reduce the number of connections to the database but the problem is, I have to disable features to do that. I think its about time to move up to VB4. That might make the problem vanish.. could make it worse but I think going to a new framework is the smart thing to do at this point. Just need to find someone to update the skin for the site.

Yea.. Ive been trying to reduce the number of connections to the database but the problem is, I have to disable features to do that. I think its about time to move up to VB4. That might make the problem vanish.. could make it worse but I think going to a new framework is the smart thing to do at this point. Just need to find someone to update the skin for the site.

From what I have read on it, search engines can eat up those connections as they index the site.

From what I have read on it, search engines can eat up those connections as they index the site.

They can but thats not the problem here I dont think. The problem is the mods we're running require too many database connections. Ive cut back a lot of them and I want to jump to VB4 and start fresh. Its a new framework so we can get rid of a lot of the old plugins and start with the modern versions, plus it has content management built in so you dont need an additional program for that.

They can but thats not the problem here I dont think. The problem is the mods we're running require too many database connections. Ive cut back a lot of them and I want to jump to VB4 and start fresh. Its a new framework so we can get rid of a lot of the old plugins and start with the modern versions, plus it has content management built in so you dont need an additional program for that.

That would be great Jay. I'm sure you'll make it work great if you do this.:cool: