Datebase error WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I checked last night from my cell and it wouldn't load...

We will be getting some answers today guys...

couldnt get in at all last nite!!!!:mad:

A few kind words and flowers go a long way to fixing that....

Oh wait, the server issue. Is this site hosted on a server that has resources shared with other clients? When do the DB backups run? My whole java thing may not be it, I accessed the site with a java installed machine with no problems.

Made some more database and file system changes this morning after doing some research. Lets see how this works out.

A few kind words and flowers go a long way to fixing that..

Oh wait, the server issue. Is this site hosted on a server that has resources shared with other clients? When do the DB backups run? My whole java thing may not be it, I accessed the site with a java installed machine with no problems.
flowers sound good to me..:biggrin::biggrin:

A few kind words and flowers go a long way to fixing that....

The server is pretty much dedicated to TB.Com. There are some smaller websites running on the machine but they mainly just host email, etc. 95% of the load comes from Tb.Com.

Database backups run when I do them. Its not automatic. I try to back up once a week or so but havent recently because of the high load the server has been under when I have time to sit down and do the backup.

Btw, apologise is spelled wrong on the Database error page. I see it so often I guess I had to notice. It's apologize.....:p

Btw, apologise is spelled wrong on the Database error page. I see it so often I guess I had to notice. It's apologize.....:p

Well,VB is produced in England and thats how they spell it there.

So far I havent seen any database errors come through tonight.

Real slow tonite. Do you guys actually own the server or is the site hosted by a company? Have my little ol site hosted at Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Dedicated Hosting, cPanel/Plesk - AMHosting > Home and they have a great track record.

NO idea what is required for a server for a message board but maybe time to look into an alternative. I know they offer dedicated servers. People aren't going to come back if they visit the board at this time of day and it is crawling at a snail's pace. JMO

This is server is a dual quad core Xeon (I think, I dont remember if its quad or dual), 8GB of RAM, a solid state drive, a RAID 1 SCSI array and runs Linux. We pay about $600 a month for it.