Datebase error WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't had a problem tonight but I usually do between 8 and 10 at night. Don't know why but it happens.

did you guys try what i told you? add the /messagebd to the end of the .com

I have an idea of sorts, although, idk how well it would work. A few of the other sites I am on (ie turbododge.com), has "membership otions". You pay XX amount of dollars for a year's membership. How much you pay determines the access you have to special features on the site, and other "perks" like stickers, shirts, etc, come with the memberships. You don't have to pay to be there, but it does benefit one to do so. Another thing thing they do is post up advertisments for random crap. This is not viewable to the paying members, but the "free" members and guests are subjected to them. They are rather inobtrusive, as they just show up below the first post on the page, and are easily ignored. Just an idea you guys could look into to make a little bit of cash to upgrade the site.

Another option is to do a raffle of sorts. Maybe another TA block? I'd bet we could raise some money with various parts donated or purchased from the vendors like a crank or maybe a set of heads.

What kind of specs does your secondary server have to have?

What does the performance of the system look like under load? What's maxed out or under load? I have a few extra servers sitting around the house, not total crap ones either, couple hundred gigs of FBD server memory, IBM blade center... just average nerd stuff.

Good ole Data base error has been rearing its ugly head all week....:mad: Tried getten on for like 2 hrs last night as well as a few nights earlier this week and just gave up.

Good ole Data base error has been rearing its ugly head all week....:mad: Tried getten on for like 2 hrs last night as well as a few nights earlier this week and just gave up.

Wow, you are kidding:confused: Nothing has changed, Jay took a big load off the server and everything was cool... I assume the rest of the web was ok for you?

Last night was bad, I gave up too.

X3!

Claude :mad:

X4

I sent Shane an email about it last week when I couldn't get on. I was hoping that it was a fluke but it seems to be more frequent on the weekends and Monday night now.:mad:

I've never suffered the data base error messages, except.... This weekend. Couldn't get on all weekend and just gave up.

Shane,

I have had the error from multiple ISPs at the same time.
During this period, I was able to access other websites with out incident.

It's been pretty good lately but last night was no getting through.

From time to time, I do still experience problems between 9-10pm central standard time. Not a big deal. Not complaining. JFYI ;)

Shane,

I have had the error from multiple ISPs at the same time.
During this period, I was able to access other websites with out incident.

Hmmm, thanks John...

This is surely puzzling as things were fine and nothing changed:eek: I will talk to Jay!