dbamford's TSM Car Crash @ Milan dragway lastnite!

" The car was nice... the driver not so much. "

That about sums it up. ;)

I hope he didn't "oil" down the track like all the "other" broken cars he complained about. :p

Kharma police got him.

With a little luck that poor car will get a new owner. :cool:

Guys,

We all know Dave's history with some in this community.
I know we all have to sleep in the beds we make too.
However as a husband, father, one time racer and not very good christian I hope that nobody here is wishing ill health on anyone else...

Guys,

However as a husband, father, one time racer and not very good christian I hope that nobody here is wishing ill health on anyone else...

Excellent point John...

Guys,

I don't think anyone is wishing any ill health on anyone. However, seeing him do the exact same thing that he has made fun of everyone else for doing.. well that is another story. :D

If "ill health" is losing a few "chicklets" well I guess I am going to hell. ;) :biggrin:

I can live with my statements, just like he can with his I'm sure, since he never stopped with the attacks on anyone he didn't care for, which was pretty much anyone who ever disagreed with his opinions.

I think his "statements" got him banned here last year. :rolleyes:

I have a lot more respect, for far better, and smarter, and more helpful people, that have gotten banned here in the past. :)

People who actually contributed to the tech. forum as well.

It's funny you can find them all along with Bamford over at "the other site" his new home, although I'm sure he won't like his new place much since people aren't that easily duped by his BS over there.

" However, seeing him do the exact same thing that he has made fun of everyone else for doing.. well that is another story. "

Kharma.

As some very wise person once said many moons ago~ "Sh!t happens!":biggrin: And it happens to even the best of them and this is just another example of that (BTW I am not speaking about anybody's character). You can think you are the best driver/racer in the world, but when you are driving a fast car things can go wrong very fast and by the time you actually realize what is going on it is already too late to do anything about it!

I'd also venture to say if you race long enough the odds of something like this happening increase and especially when you are trying to decrease your ETs. So basically the lesson to be learned, even if you think you are "Top Gun" racer just remember that everyone has their day!:eek: :wink:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtzGN2K_4sE[/YOUTUBE]

***NOT WORK SAFE WARNING FOR THE LANGUAGE IN THE VIDEO THANKS TO THE MUSIC***

5:40 into this vid is Dave's pass.

FWIW, I am glad Dave is okay and I hope he gets the car back out there and makes some good passes with the new TSM combo! :cool:

5:40 into this vid is Dave's pass.

FWIW, I am glad Dave is okay and I hope he gets the car back out there and makes some good passes with the new TSM combo! :cool:

Nice Video.

I am glad I didn't just stand on the brakes as hard as I could when I broke the tranny line at Indy. It may have gotten ugly. :eek:

I am also glad it wasn't night time when they re-opened the track. :rolleyes:

the name rings a bell, i never paid much attention to him, in any case its a shame a nice car like that had to meet a wall. doesnt look to be bad from the video and the angles i saw, nothing some body work cant fix

I'm posting this against my better judgement. I've been asked to post this.

My source has been contacted by Dave. He asked me to post this (The statement is not mine nor my sources')

Statement:
"That it was a freeze out plug and this is not the first DLS engine to loose a plug on a fresh engine"

Don't kill the messenger. Don't bother asking me who my source is, I will not reveal my source.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

That sucks....at least he is alright. I was hoping to see him show up at the BPG race.

Good luck getting it back together!

My source has been contacted by Dave. He asked me to post this (The statement is not mine nor my sources')

Statement:
"That it was a freeze out plug and this is not the first DLS engine to loose a plug on a fresh engine"

Don't kill the messenger. Don't bother asking me who my source is, I will not reveal my source.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Poor car...If he was aware of that, and he still chose to deal with him thats on him...:rolleyes:

Statement:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

So what's the deal, is that the engine builder or the tuner? Seems like it could be either one. Or is Dave trying to get a message to us about how he feels about the quality of work coming out of his engine shop?

I spoke to Dave and he leaked the motor down last night. On a stone cold motor it is 8% across the board, so no blow head gasket or breakage. Plugs say the tune up is ok. If he pours water in, it comes out the back of the block where a freeze plug used to be. You can see in the video where the water comes out and the car gets loose. In my mind I am not sure you can blame anyone other than lady luck on this one, but you can make your own calls on that. I only know he told me the motor runs fine and the car is not bad so he will be back out soon. Like Billy said "don't kill the messenger" but my info came right from Dave, not an unknown party. And V6 your right, it was on a mission
Mike

FYI, You can lift a head and have good seal on a leak down with the right head gasket. Ask me how I know.

No matter what, I'd let Dan look it over.