Destroking - Facts or fiction

i bet most guys just dont have the sack for it:) lots of parts cars out there but you really need to be able to push hard and drive hard for the good passses inmo.

Mr Spool are you the guy who has been running 900 hp on a stock crank?
I've been reluctant to ask you but since you have eluded to it in another thread I figured it was ok.

if you cant have an open mind.. never gonna grow
You argue like a Democrat. If I don't agree with you,your open mind tells you that I'm wrong. If the laws of physics don't agree with your open mind,the laws of physics are wrong. If the smaller engine produces less power than the bigger one below 5,000 rpm,the dyno is closed minded.

Kind of ironic suggesting democrats would not believe in science or facts. Ever actually listen to the Donald?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Spool are you the guy who has been running 900 hp on a stock crank?
I've been reluctant to ask you but since you have eluded to it in another thread I figured it was ok.
guilty:Dshhh we dont want to throw this thread off track

the 3 bolt turbo.
3 bolts 1100+ hp. think rob has been 160mph+ in the 1/4 mid 8s on a stage and a few 109s have been have been close to that as well.the rpm you want to turn is a big deal which is all about the combo around it,for instance you dont want to turn 8500 rpm with a 3 bolt.but make no mistake the 3 bolt can make a ton with the right combo

Oh I know it can make power never said that it couldn't. I was making the statement that people are running the 3 bolt to fit in a class by the rules. For all out performance max effort who would choose a 3 bolt turbine limited turbo. Maybe Rob will chime in with his opinion. I am very impressed with the latest and greatest ceramic dual ball bearing high mass flow 3 bolt turbos. The 71hpq, 6766(68), Bison 62's , the new 76's all impressive. Back in the day my first pair of turbos were twin Mitsubishi's from an Indy car with the largest compressors that I have ever seen, then I made the switch to a pair of hifi 60-1's. I think that I was running one of the first 4276 on a stage motor, I have a motor with a GT 4780 that is going on it and a twin motor that has a pair of 70 GTQ's. I want to get into what factors determine rpm besides just crank stroke and the size of turbos. What makes a person want to use a 206/206 over a 218/218 or 224/224 and so forth. What gives a motor the capability to turn 8500 rpm where others claim that their turbo was out of breath @ 7000?

Kind of ironic suggesting democrats would not believe in science or facts.
They believe that there are 58 gender types and believe that,if a man puts on a dress,he is a woman,that he should be referred to as her or she,and that he should be allowed to shower with our daughters. Ironic?

Close enough to topic for me and I doubt anyone would object if you were to give a few details.

900 Hp on a stock crank is a HUGE accomplishment!
touchy subject.the car is street driven and raced alot.i really cant go into alot of the things that make it run the way it does,it is way out of the box.i will say this,stock 109 block,stock crank,custom cam,high compression.rpe built the motor,dave husek built the trans.a ton of rd went into the combo on my end from tuning,to driving,just the whole setup on the car.

Mr Spool
touchy subject.the car is street driven and raced alot.i really cant go into alot of the things that make it run the way it does,it is way out of the box.i will say this,stock 109 block,stock crank,custom cam,high compression.rpe built the motor,dave husek built the trans.a ton of rd went into the combo on my end from tuning,to driving,just the whole setup on the car.

So how often do you have guys running 13's telling you what your doing wrong?

Debates would certainly become smaller if the participants were restricted to ONLY giving advise equal to their best ET.

Therefore I'm only certified to 10.88
I actually think alot more guys would have more fun with it if they were in real contact with each other.its hard to see where a person is coming from over the internet.i know guys would learn more by seeing some of the faster cars run

I actually think alot more guys would have more fun with it if they were in real contact with each other.its hard to see where a person is coming from over the internet.i know guys would learn more by seeing some of the faster cars run
I miss the days when I used to get to more track events and Buick meets. Sometimes, I would have a few days off and would drive up to Cotton's and just hang around the shop. I would exchange information and cordial conversation with other Buick people and grab a bite to eat. There were times when we were all with each other for weeks on end!

Things have changed.

http://www.powerandspeedpodcast.com/?p=274

My two favorite parts are when he talks of the uae guys he told about using nitrous to spool and the guy who called up and wanted an aluminum v6 so he had to ask him how much he wanted to spend, as it can get expensive. haha
Lots of info and you can see a trend where he destrokes and spins it faster and some good info on cam setups, turbo stuff and how they use a dart block and heads and a seven speed(who needs reverse?) on their land speed car. Mind blowing!

If there’s no limitation on turbo I’ll take the larger bore engine every time regardless of stroke. Big bores have more potential to be filled. I’ll make everything work around it. Filling the cylinder is more important than anything. Everything can be adjusted around cylinder fill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

which is why I think I am on the hunt for one of the short stroke fancy crank to go in a 291 block with a couple middle billet caps and see what kind of power I can make on a budget with a 4" bore and a real mild cam and a lot of boost. You know a street car, haha

which is why I think I am on the hunt for one of the short stroke fancy crank to go in a 291 block with a couple middle billet caps and see what kind of power I can make on a budget with a 4" bore and a real mild cam and a lot of boost. You know a street car, haha
That's funny because I just put one of those blocks up for sale in the for sale Section and a friend of mine has some of those Short Stroke cranks if you be interested that is