dexron 6 trans fluid

et10sec

any one use the new dexron 6 fluid, its a semi synthetic, i have a new trans going in and want the best. its $6 a quart.

Lonnie diesr at Extreme Automatics told me to use type f as teh new formula dex is formulated to shift smoother.

Smooth is slip. Type f grabs better better grab less heat.
I think lonnie knows a few things about them:biggrin:

Ive had zero problem with the VI. Plenty of power going through my trans too. No slip and very fast ratio changes under power as viewed on the logs. With the correct clutch type and steels in it setup correctly there shoudl be no direct problems. This stuff is way more forgiving than III when it gets really hot.

Ive had zero problem with the VI. Plenty of power going through my trans too. No slip and very fast ratio changes under power as viewed on the logs. With the correct clutch type and steels in it setup correctly there should be no direct problems. This stuff is way more forgiving than III when it gets really hot.

With very little experience with VI on the street, but LOTS in racing trans, the VI is the best we have found so far.:)

Type F is way old school as it does not hold up to heat. This is especially true with small, high stall converters on a trans brake. A half a dozen fast runs will effectively kill type F. Heat is the enemy of trans fluid, and when "used up", it will help destroy clutches fast.

Our 8 and 9 sec. cars are not affected by slip. Just looked inside a TH 400 tonight from an 8 sec. car and clutches look like new, no sign of slipping. :smile: