Digital pressure guage and meter

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Looking to see interest for 150 PSI SS pressure transducer and/or digital gauge.

The pressure transducer can be tied into any datalogger input to record system pressure. Example on the FAST XFI, Powerlogger, etc.

I'll be making a kit that makes it plug-n-play into the system with appropriate connectors and such.

The meter will have red digits like the scanmasterII and feature a pressure recall setting so max pressure will be displayed like the low O2 feature on the scanmasterII.

Pixs will be up latter.. sorry for the tease :D

Ohh prelim pricing on the transducer is 100 plus the fittings/harness will be another 45. The meter will add another ??? still working on that one.

Julio, put me down for the 150 PSI SS pressure transducer. call me or let me know when I can place the order. I talked to you about this when I ordered the 2 pumps from you last week. I would like to wire it into my xfi. Please let me know

Here's a shot of installed on the outlet of the filter.

Pictures are worth a thousand words. This is pretty clean :D

I'll have harness pixs up tommorrow and installed pixs up by Friday :wink:

Attachments

• pressuretrans1_1.JPG
    pressuretrans1_1.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 448
Julio, put me down for the 150 PSI SS pressure transducer. call me or let me know when I can place the order. I talked to you about this when I ordered the 2 pumps from you last week. I would like to wire it into my xfi. Please let me know

Yes sir :)

I have some harness parts on order.. when they come in. i'll be up and rolling.

Sounds good. Shoot me a pm when your ready. I will probley order 2 of them

Could you put a fitting so this could be used as a fuel pressure transducer too.

Could you put a fitting so this could be used as a fuel pressure transducer too.

The only thing is the fitting will be different to go on the end of the fuel rail. So yes it can be used for oil or fuel.

Attachments

• nos-16103nos_s.jpg
    nos-16103nos_s.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 439
Here's a decision question related to the wiring. Since I can do this a variety of ways.

See the sender is supplied by 5vdc. I will be making a male/female connector to plug into the map plug so the 5 volts will be supplied to it. I can also go off TPS and put the male/female there. Then we have 1 wire to go into the cockpit. Pretty simple.

Here's where I need some thought, there are two wires used on the digital dash cars.. the black plug by the MAP sensor.. I can send a spade terminal to plug into that, then behind the dash grab the black wire on the multipin plug.. like on the 3 bar wiring faq's.. that way signal can be transferred into the vehicle. Or just supply 10 feet of cable and run it across the firewall, through the hole, behind the radio, etc..

For fuel, it would probably be easier to do the TPS arrangement for power.

Or run three wires into the vehicle for the sensor and grab the 5v from the computer, ground at the computer, and then the signal into the Power Logger or XFI input.

One of those multiple choice deals.

BTW.. my FAST Dash Logger now says ALKY for the pressure reading.. for those with one of those. :eek:

Thanks Bob

TurboBob will add the calibration to the power logger as an input.

Cool :)

Made this a sticky to help with some decision making on wiring from TB members.

julio, i will take it like this

I will be making a male/female connector to plug into the map plug so the 5 volts will be supplied to it.

Or just supply 10 feet of cable and run it across the firewall, through the hole, behind the radio, etc..

julio, i will take it like this

I will be making a male/female connector to plug into the map plug so the 5 volts will be supplied to it.

Or just supply 10 feet of cable and run it across the firewall, through the hole, behind the radio, etc..

This was my first thought. To make it like this. I'll have supplies here early next week to make the harnesses and get yours out.

TurboBob made mention that the 5v source from the cars dash may not always be 100% stable, this would apply to cars with the stock dash supplying the 5v. On cars with the FAST the 5v comes from the XFI so its a non-issue. Or getting the 5v from the TPS makes this a non-issue.

Guess if the 5v reads 4.9 it will change a little the way the sensor reads. The sensor will read.. just be off a smidge. This may be a good thing as it keeps a monitor on the 5v feed to the MAP in case the dash starts going south. Dunno.. just thinking out loud :D

Put me down for a transducer!

THIS WILL ROCK!!

Thanks Julio!

Rob Hinson

Ohh boy.. forgot about the TTA :) I need to measure out the TTA for harness length. Since the filter being under the tray and MAP being back at the firewall.

You want me to bring this with me to Reynolds?

Here's a decision question related to the wiring. Since I can do this a variety of ways.

See the sender is supplied by 5vdc. I will be making a male/female connector to plug into the map plug so the 5 volts will be supplied to it. I can also go off TPS and put the male/female there. Then we have 1 wire to go into the cockpit. Pretty simple.

Here's where I need some thought, there are two wires used on the digital dash cars.. the black plug by the MAP sensor.. I can send a spade terminal to plug into that, then behind the dash grab the black wire on the multipin plug.. like on the 3 bar wiring faq's.. that way signal can be transferred into the vehicle. Or just supply 10 feet of cable and run it across the firewall, through the hole, behind the radio, etc..

For fuel, it would probably be easier to do the TPS arrangement for power.

Or run three wires into the vehicle for the sensor and grab the 5v from the computer, ground at the computer, and then the signal into the Power Logger or XFI input.

One of those multiple choice deals.

BTW.. my FAST Dash Logger now says ALKY for the pressure reading.. for those with one of those. :eek:

WOuld be kind of neat to use the factory wiring but I've got to run 2 signal wires so it really doesn't matter.

I would like to see it tap the existing underhood sources for power

WOuld be kind of neat to use the factory wiring but I've got to run 2 signal wires so it really doesn't matter.

I would like to see it tap the existing underhood sources for power

Guess on yours we can do the plug male/female into the TPS. Or do the MAP. Then all you do is run the two wires into the cockpit. I'll post pixs up in the am of the connector we made today. ;)

Here are some more shots. Power comes from the 3 bar plug-in and the orange wire is the one fed into the car. That one then gets tied into the XFI input,powerlogger input, or the guage.

Attachments

• pressuretrans2_1.JPG
    pressuretrans2_1.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 372
  • pressuretrans3_2.JPG
    pressuretrans3_2.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 383
  • pressuretrans4_3.JPG
    pressuretrans4_3.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 392