You can type here any text you want

DW Fuel Pump Install Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fullahotair

For those who have installed the DW pump, how did you mount the pump in the hanger? I removed my old walbro 307, which had a rubber boot slid on the bottom. That rubber boot has a tear drop shape on the bottom of it that fits snugly into tear drop shape of the lower "cup" which is part of the hanger. The rubber boot doesn't seem to fit the DW pump well, and certianly wouldn't allow you to use the pick-up screen provided with the DW pump. Are you omitting the rubber boot? In short, how are you securing the pickup end of the pump to the hanger?

Thanks in advance...
Nate

Thanks Coach for posting those pictures! Removing the four tabs at the bottom of the pump is "Required" when using the stock fuel pump hanger! This will allow you to re-use the rubber boot and install the filter sock..

Note: If you still happen to have troubles you can remove the rubber boot and zip tie the pump to the hanger to eliminate vibration and movement..

Scot W.

Great...thanks for the help guys. For some reason I didn't come across this info when I was looking for it last night. I knew the answer was out there...

Thanks,
Nate

If your DW pump has nubs on the bottom, just remove them, side cutters work fine.

Our version/model of the DP pump does not have them.

Back