ENGINE BAY PICS: Jaw Droppers

Engine pic

No jaw dropper, but it runs :biggrin:

Attachments

• engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,768
Blow-Thru MAF

Just thought I'd try it. Some have said better throttle response. It seems as if they were right...so far. My tune has shifted some and I'm still dialing it in.

Freakin Money Pit!

2 years in the working.. I guess this will be my life time hobby.. :eek:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 1,757
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,694
No-Nos are those carbon fiber valve Covers and Maf pipe?

i think that is a type of powder coating that makes it look like carbon fiber.... but i could be wrong... i do remember my powder coater showing me all kind of cool options and i thought carbon fiber was one of them.

Pic of the old car/old engine. Wished this had more chrome - maybe next time. Anyone guess what is unique about this? (not the exhaust work)

Attachments

• image025.jpg
    image025.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,627
I just added a chrome rad support to add to the bling factor tonight.. so some updated pics of the engine bay on the 87 GN :cool:

2967725233_c0da182ef3_b.jpg

2968572674_5b24037e08_b.jpg

2967724013_e9154005e5_b.jpg

well to all those who said it was a special coating added on ...............................your ABSOLUTELY...Right ( sorry if i dissapoint some of you, but it's a special dipping process, i have no idea how he does it, but he does a great job, i think i paid about $280 bucks, to have the mas air pipe (4") and the 2 valve covers, it may seem like alot but i think it's worth it.

blackmonte, the car looks great, and phillyturbosix, very nicely done, you placed the right amount of crome and the black parts look very nice and new.

phillyturbosix, very nicely done, you placed the right amount of crome and the black parts look very nice and new.

That makes it all worth while because that is what I've been shooting for. Just the look you described! Thanks! :)

is it the alky bung welded into the up pipe:confused:, your lack of a vacuum block, no cruise control

Actually.. it was the lack of vacuum block and not one vacuum line on the whole engine - that can come off - got the idea from "summit". ;) A vacuum line kept me from running 10's with the stock block just before I pulled it (boost drop). Vowed that wouldn't happen again.

Unique.

Pic of the old car/old engine. Wished this had more chrome - maybe next time. Anyone guess what is unique about this? (not the exhaust work)

Up pipe with the alky extension, Mass air flow housing looks nice, U need no more chrome, it looks nice as is.

Vac block

I didn't catch the vac block..still nice.