You can type here any text you want

Enki 92's are comming back

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
there is no "GNX/GTA Style" wheel that looks anything like a GNX/GTA wheel. the only ones i've ever seen that come close were those one off 18" wheels that one guy made last summer.

there is no "GNX/GTA Style" wheel that looks anything like a GNX/GTA wheel. the only ones i've ever seen that come close were those one off 18" wheels that one guy made last summer.
pretty much, any deviation from the original design defeats the whole purpose of buying that type of wheel in the first place

Looks like they will only be offered in 15x7 and 15x8... stick to the gta wheels in my opinion...

put them on ur car then line it up side by side to a TR with GTA style wheels and then say that

Only differance is the center section,the bonus is you don't have to find 4 fronts off a pontiac,And you don't have to send them back out to be black powder coated..8^)

Only differance is the center section,the bonus is you don't have to find 4 fronts off a pontiac,And you don't have to send them back out to be black powder coated..8^)

but you'll have wheels that don't look right. they just have an "i'm stuck in the 80's" look to them.. the GTA/GNX wheel is somehow timeless. it's not anything i can really nail down- they just look "right" on anything.

Doesn't matter, they are only offered in import bolt patterns.:rolleyes:

There are much better looking wheels made in the past that have the "race mesh" or "crosslaced" look that is so timeless with the GNX/GTA wheels.

These are a rare set of 2-pc DynaLites (15x7) I sold last year:
pics%20012.jpg

or these equally rare 2-pc units from American Racing (16x9.5) that I also sold recently:
pics%20013.jpg

I like my CCW's. I have to disagree. The GNX rim isnt the nicest rim for a turbo regal. I would have bought the GNX rims. I would trade right now for a set of simmons.
17x10 CCW high polish classics. A couple of phone pics.

IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

I don't know I am kind of partial to the BBS wheels from back in the day.:wink:

Attachments

• 87We4.jpg
    87We4.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 469
I like my CCW's. I have to disagree. The GNX rim isnt the nicest rim for a turbo regal. I would have bought the GNX rims. I would trade right now for a set of simmons.
17x10 CCW high polish classics. A couple of phone pics.

IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg
those are OK but really reserved for vettes, 03-04 cobras and supras imo. they seem to look best on those vehicles. there is a reason u nvr see them on TR and it isnt price cause the others listed below are about the same price

certain wheels just look better on certain vehicles

I agree tho, the GNX style isnt the best lookn rim for a TR. there are much nicer rims available today from billet specialties, weld, bogart, holeshot, etc... but if one wants to replicate the GTA wheel there just isnt much to chose from other then the GTA wheel

I just bought a set of GTA wheels,4 fronts,center caps mounted on 245X50 Kuhmo tires with a 1/4 tread for $400. All I did was clean them up,paint the centers of the wheels,and buy a set of black gloss lug nuts. They look GREAT!!!

After reading some of these its more preference than anything. I do not like the dragstrip look of welds and prostars, etc. That is a way too common vanilla look for me on any car. Thats why I love Simmons and CCW. If the car doesnt have fat tires on all four and has the wheels neatly managed with springs, it looks too one dimensional for me. Its like a girl with one body part and nothing else. I like it all, acceleration handling and stopping. The full figured woman is hard to find and prized above all. LMAO.

Back