Error code 34- Low MAF signal issues

Maybe getting some ripple voltage? Try with the alternator unplugged to eliminate the possibility of AC voltage causing a reference voltage offset.

SRGN, interesting idea, thanks!

I did a search and saw an old post that talked about the alternator causing electrical noise!

It is a replacement alternator that PO had installed.

Ran with Alternator disconnected, no difference.

Noticed that the blower/heater fan runs frequently, disconnected that as well. No improvement.

I am wondering if it really is a ignition module coilpack? I have tried 3 or 4 and the current was tested at autozone. I had them runs 4 tests in a row but WTH don't know anything about anything anymore!

As it pertains to the commander chip. It seems like the LV8 does get locked at 254 but still have all this drop out.

I'm going to turn the boost back down and see how it drives.

once the LV8 gets locked, you will still see the MAF dropping, but your injector pulsewidth should be solid.

post a logfile.

Bob,

Did you get a chance to look at the last file I posted? Latest couple logs seems to be the same except for fixing the MAP signal.

the MAF lock is not triggering on that one, (quicksave7.001) LV8 was 255, when the MAF locks in a commander chip, the LV8 will go to 254.

Try turning off the limiter (switch 3) if you run the commander.

B

Ok, sorry I missunderstood!

I will turn off the limiter switch.

Thank for all your help. I ust can't believe how much trouble I am having with this "clean, low mileage, stock car" that I bought!

I hacked up a ratted out junk harness for my hybrid and never had so many problems!

So now I am trying a commander chip but cant seem to get it to "lock up on 254 MAF??

Im running 22 lbs of boost this should be enough to get it to 255 and lock it??

So now I am trying a commander chip but cant seem to get it to "lock up on 254 MAF??

Im running 22 lbs of boost this should be enough to get it to 255 and lock it??

attached is an updated PowerLogger and PLC, update to these and record a log for me.

I want to see how high the MAF is going. This new version lets me look at an internal memory vaue.

Thanks,

Bob

(edit: AAARRRRGH the file won't fit. PM me your email address again)

I have set the translator plus to 12% WOT fuel this should help max out the 255 setting in the commander, right?

Thanks again BOB! You have my email now right?

Here is the latest PL file. I believe that I am locking in at 254 better but it still misses.

Attachments

• may 25.zip
    57.5 KB · Views: 53
Here is the latest PL file. I believe that I am locking in at 254 better but it still misses.

the data is cleaner, but its not locking. Not sure why.

If its still missing, there may be other things happening.
Ignition module
plug wires
cam lobes worn out

stuff like that.

Bob

YEP, no error codes any more but still the "ghosts".

I have read about worn cam lobes but on a low mileage (60k) mostly stock car like this?

any comments on the wipped cam?

Other than pulling the intake and looking, how can you really tell/

Pull the valve covers and while someone is cranking the engine over, watch the rocker arms in relation to each other. Look for one or more that don't move as much.