Error code 34- Low MAF signal issues

Thats great news guys. I bet Steve walked in and grabbed that connector first thing and said, here is your problem.

Thats great news guys. I bet Steve walked in and grabbed that connector first thing and said, here is your problem.

Hahaha.. I wish.;)

I was gonna milk it for a few more weeks.... I almost had Bob signed up to selling me the car for $50.:biggrin:

Still problems

Well after replacing just about everything, I still have the same damn problem!

New ECM connectors

New MAF sensor

New MAF sensor plug

New crank sensor too.

Replaced ECM I now have 3!

Coil and module tested at autozone, 4 times no issues

new plugs gapped at 0.30, new magnacore wires

Car pops and cuts out and WOT. DS shows that there is still MAF drop out.
The extender chip is supposed to help with this?

I was using a red armstrong chip so I could go back to mostly stock setup and sensors.

I will switch back to it but how does it help with the drop out issues?

Help again,

devastation!

Damn Bob, That really sucks! Thought you guys had it with the connector plug. What the hell else could it be? :confused: I wish you were closer. I would love to help you figure out with this sob.

Yep, I went from being pretty damn smart with these cars to a fricking idiot!

Both cars don't run for shiXX now!

Update....

So I put the translator plus, LT1 MAF and extender back in. Set the translator to non limited mode.

DS shows 1/2 the signal as it should and the "noise" drop is there but less.

Does anybody know what the extender does related to the MAF anti-dropout feature?

The chip will ignore dropouts to zero, but I don't think it ignores minor dropouts like you have now. (like noise)

The new connector fixed the major dropouts, no more intermittent loss of signal, but the noise issue persists.

The signal you have now looks exactly like what I had when I first started running T+ and alky without a power relay.

So I put the translator plus, LT1 MAF and extender back in. Set the translator to non limited mode.

DS shows 1/2 the signal as it should and the "noise" drop is there but less.

Does anybody know what the extender does related to the MAF anti-dropout feature?

The extender anti-dropout is only active at WOT. Can you post more recent DS scans?

Bob

I was not able to get to WOT due to the poping with the extender chip

Here are 2 files, with stock maf and with extender non limited mode.

Attachments

• BOBTPLUS.zip
    30 KB · Views: 73
Update April 08

I bought a power logger and installed caspers ground strecher kit. Those wires at the back of the head are a royal PITA! Took me 4 hours to change the ground wires.

I have recorded some data with the power logger. Take a look. Still see MAF noice/fluctions.

This is with 100 race gas and about 18Lbs of boost.

Look in particular at frames 933 to 993.

Attachments

• QuickSave.004.zip
    51.7 KB · Views: 64
New PL file

OK so I checked all the MAF wires again. I went back to the stock wires except I rean a new ground to the ground strecher block.

I installed a caspers TPS enhancer so that at anything over 3/4 throttle it sends 4.5 volts.

Car seems to run better.

Here is a power logger file.

Attachments

• QuickSave1.003.zip
    30.2 KB · Views: 46
turbobob924,
my friend had the same issue with his translator when he hooked i up,
he had the dip switches set like this on,on,off,off ! we flipped the switches
to all on - on,on,on,on and no more code 34 , the car ran just like what your describing, now it runs perfect.

Thanks for the tip Chris,

I will confirm the dip switches tonight. I am pretty sure that I checked all this but WTH. I'll take anything at this point!

Thanks for the tip Chris,

I will confirm the dip switches tonight. I am pretty sure that I checked all this but WTH. I'll take anything at this point!

Don't just check them, move each one on and off a couple times. Might be some corrosion issues that need attention. I had that happen once. Just moving the switches on and off and putting them back to the proper position cleared everything up!!

NO!

I am at my wit's end! Recap of stuff I have tried:

caspers ground strecher kit
new ECM connectors
new MAF connector
new ground wire to MAF to ground strecher
tested with relay on the 12vot pnk/blk
screw drive tab test of the 3" LT1 MAF and 3 different MAF's 1 stoc and 2 LT1 based sensors

What is weird is the the extender is supposed to ignore MAF drop out at WOT and it stills seems to really act up!

I heard the turbotweek has a chip that is like a speed density setup and does not require a MAF sensor. It will not be as accurate on the street but maybe it will work better?