Error code 34- Low MAF signal issues

Hey chris2316, I dont get how you could set all the dip switches to on?
This is only supposed to be for the extender extreme chip. I only have an extender chip with translator plus.

turbobob924 said:
What is weird is the the extender is supposed to ignore MAF drop out at WOT and it stills seems to really act up!

Your problem is not "drop-out" in the classic sense. I think your turbo might be surging at WOT. My brothers car does it (TA49 turbo I think...)

A MAF locking chip like a Commander or a TurboTweak might mask the symptom. A speed density system would fix it assuming its not a signal integrity problem (doesn't appear to be any more, the MAF trace is jittery, not dropping out)

I can send you a Commander chip to try, it will lock the MAF signal at WOT. You tune it using the chip parameters.

Bob

Turbobob,

That would be great to try a commander chip! If it works I would buy it!

Is there a manual or something on it so I can compare it to the extender chip?

Thanks again!

Thanks TurboDave. I had seen this already and I don't see the difference between it and the extender? Only works with a stock MAF?

Thanks TurboDave. I had seen this already and I don't see the difference between it and the extender? Only works with a stock MAF?

Think of the Commander as an extender for the stock MAF, EXCEPT it doesn't have the "extension" provisions, but does have the neat tuning tricks.

you can use the Translator to emulate the stock MAF. The Commander is a stock 255 gram range chip with MAF lock and lots of other features.

By the looks of your data, it should help your issue.

Bob

commander received and installed. No change. At WOT there is still lots of MAF noise and it pops and bucks.

I will zip a file off my laptop. I can;t make it to BG but my good buddy Steve is and he is familar with my adventure.

I will have to loog againa s the zipped file is over 90k so it will not take. The MAP signal is wacked this was only at 15 lbs of boost.

Here's a pic of Bob's car with the commander.

bobcommanderstockmaf.jpg

turn the boost up so the MAF lock engages. Its not locking at that boost level.

turning the WOT knob in the translator up a little might help get the MAF lock engaged.

Will do! The file above was taken with a stock maf installed, but we can reconnect the translator and 3" LT1. What's the threshold to engage the MAF lock?

So I have the commander chip installed. It just does not "lock in" when it hits 255 on the MAF.

I put the translator and LT1 MAF back on. Set it to limited mode and 8% rich at WOT.

The car pops worse than ever at 20lbs of boost!
I even tried the tornado thing to help prevent turbo surge.

Here is a PL file

Attachments

• QuickSave7.001.zip
    31.2 KB · Views: 64
maybe try setting even richer. push it all the way as far as it will go.

I am wondering if maybe the ECM is not receiving clean power. Maybe we can try hotwiring the ECM power feed back to the battery. (already tried this with the MAF power to no avail)

try turning off the limiter also.

The MAF lock is meant to eliminate the classic drop-out problem, which is cause by too high of a MAF frequency. It needs to see 146 hz to activate, and then will stay activated as long as you are at WOT with RPM> 4000 or so.

When it activates LV8 will be locked at 254. This makes it easy to tell if its activated.

Bob