Every car has something . . . . . that drives you nuts!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Every car has one or more things that keeps you awake at night.
I am refering to somthing you have been working on for a while and it's still not right . . . or to yor liking. :eek:

For me . . . . (I'll just list one . . .:p) Fuel level gage.
New hanger (measures 0-90 ohm), replaced the dash gage . . . checked grounds at hanger, pump, etc, measured voltage, replaced in tank wire . . . Still not right after 9 years. :mad:

What is/are it/they on your car? o_O

Good topic! Achieving a true 1-1 fuel pressure rise and finding cause of intermittent stall.

One that's been driving me nuts as long as I've owned this car (going on 13 years)...

Getting both windows to a) not flop around and rattle in the down position, and b) engage the weatherstripping and seal properly in the up position.

Had it almost perfect, but just got the car back from the paint shop - doors were removed, new weatherstripping was installed. Back to square one!

I had a 1981 Monte Carlo in high school and never quite got that one right, either. Just one of those things with the GM G-body!

Mike
Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Turbo Buick

oil leaks......

transmission shifting 2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3......

its thirst for fuel.

x2 on the windows

lack of cup holders

Bob

Rattling windows and an oil leak that replaces the last one I fixed..

1) oil leak on the passenger side from some where dropping on my starter & cross over pipe.(even parked for a few days)

2) 4th gear chuggle as if the converter is locking unlocking. 3 different chips 3 different transmissions same old chuggle. lol.

I been having trouble with the radiator fan not running. I replaced the relays low / high, and the delay relay.

Fan runs when off hot so I know the new relay delay works.

Have a caspers override switch with the key on accessory using the switch the fan runs both low and high. If i start the car the fans shut off.

Leads me to think fan temp switch or ac high pressure switch..

Oh yeah, oil getting in the plenum from the PCV line (even with a catch can) Eliminated that problem now though by getting rid of the PCV altogether! Will just change oil more often.

TurboBob, no cupholders? We have the solution to that........... http://buickgn.com/consolerisers.htm

Windows not wanting to seal when you put them up when going over 85mph.:)

Rear view mirror vibrates at high speeds.o_O

Only the chubby chick and not the hot chick at Dunkin Donuts likes my car. :eek::p

Yeah no cupholder in the GN is pissin' me off. :mad:

A dead spare module that was bought good 15 years ago got me mad this week, I do sleep well at night though.

If she don't run I don't have to go to work. ;)

looking at her sitting in the garage all the time. Wanting to go out and play.....But i'm always working it seems like....So i can make extra play $$$$ To buy more GO FAST PARTS :rolleyes: By the way i got off 6am this morning....It's a beautiful day here...All appointments on hold.....Today!!! I make time to take the Beast Out :D

Hmmm, I seem to have all the usual GN problems (all since fixed)

Wiped Cam
Rear main leak
Broken power antenna
Cracked header
T-top rust/leaks
Slow, rattling windows
Cooked front suspension bushing
Checked paint
etc.

Still love this car :)

-Mark
87 GN 11.9@115

The no cupholder problem has been solved with those center armrest console's. I got mine from Kirban with my powermaster credit, but it looks the same as TR Custom parts and Gbodyparts sells. It is well worth it. And it slides right off to save weight when drag racing.

The no cupholder problem has been solved with those center armrest console's. I got mine from Kirban with my powermaster credit, but it looks the same as TR Custom parts and Gbodyparts sells. It is well worth it. And it slides right off to save weight when drag racing.

Yeah, I finally got one of those. So at least *that* is no longer an issue.....

bob

Good topic! Achieving a true 1-1 fuel pressure rise and finding cause of intermittent stall.

In my book of "Next 10 year projects" . . . . . Fuel pressure fluctuations of much larger than acceptable proportion compared to boost value.
Either control or measurement system errors . . . .

GN cupholder.jpg

Every car has one or more things that keeps you awake at night.
I am refering to somthing you have been working on for a while and it's still not right . . . or to yor liking. :eek:

For me . . . . (I'll just list one . . .:p) Fuel level gage.
New hanger (measures 0-90 ohm), replaced the dash gage . . . checked grounds at hanger, pump, etc, measured voltage, replaced in tank wire . . . Still not right after 9 years. :mad:

What is/are it/they on your car? o_O
Cup holder issue resolved for $5.00 at Walmart.

I have had all the issues listed above....most all fixed with the exception of oil coming out of the driver side breather and driver side window adjustment.

My biggest issue is erratic kr........I have the boost down 16psi some times zero kr and sometimes a few degrees it never is consistant.....the fix would be to get a PL and wide band and then I can really see whats going on and fix it but I never seem to have the extra cash.

Windows. Drive me fuckin bonkers. They're worse than what they where when I tore the car down. Cant get the windows up unless the doors are open. Also the bad window regulator on the driver side that loves to make the only loud ass squeak in the whole car. The oil leak I thought I had fixed twice. SPending the better part of an afternoon cleaning it so I can drive it for an hour and put it back in the garage for another month. The cupholder thing doesn't bother me. The bad valve guides and the crappy idle since my injector and chip swap. I could go on but it isn't like these cars were built THAT great anyway. Just like Ineedagn stated, if it wasn't for the engines no one would care and I agree. Sometimes I still miss the lt1 trans am