Every car has something . . . . . that drives you nuts!

No intermittent wipers, just slow and fast. Also 85mph speedo...I thought our cars go faster than thiso_O

For me it would be the odd intermittent problem/ or the completely unrelated compound issue problem.
It starts with a low or flat tire.-It always does...
One time I fill the tire and car won't start even though it started the week before and ran fine... Pull the starter, test it, it's fine re-install, no work... (eventually fixed)
One time I filled the tires and discovered that the valve stems were bad. Pulled them off, repaired and car wouldn't start. (fixed again)
One time I filled the tire, and the antenna stopped working, even though it had worked the last time I tried it. Fixed the antenna and seat belt acted up... (fixed everything)!
One time at bandcamp....

The leaky windshield,even after having it taken out and resealed.
Here's something that can't be fixed,but it really bugs me. Kid in civic "Is that a Monte Carlo?":mad:

It's not worth explaining anymore. I just call it a black regal. Most of the time people don't even know what a regal is or looks like anyway. WHen it comes to that I just call it a dirt track car

Oh and the price of parts. It costs more to restore a trashed regal than it does to do a bolt on turbo 6. 400 bucks for new bezels and grille for a GN, 167 bucks for new grille and bezels for my wifes 85 el camino:confused:o_O

Oh and the price of parts. It costs more to restore a trashed regal than it does to do a bolt on turbo 6. 400 bucks for new bezels and grille for a GN, 167 bucks for new grille and bezels for my wifes 85 el camino:confused:o_O
I've got to agree on the price of parts. This chasis was one of the most produced for GM and it's the hardest to seem to find the right parts for them.:( The only other one that might be harder to find parts for is the GranPrix.o_O

I mean just gbody in general. THe aftermarket is SLOWLY coming around but still slow. THank god for fabricators otherwise my car would have never got finished. Much cheaper than a body shop:cool:

1. Im 6'1 and sitting to close to the dash. My head to close to the headliner (addressing these issues now....hopefully)
2. Windows speed is slow.
3. AC is cold but, doesn't blow hard enough......after all I do live in Texas!

My car was great but now I think my swaybar end links in the rear are binding. I here a "clicking" as suspension loads/unloads while driving around and it makes people turn and look at my car, not in a good way either.

i hate the way the trans will just decide one day that it would be fun to spit all the fluid in the pan out onto the ground under the car, via the front seal.. but only when the car isn't running, and sometimes the car can sit for months before it starts dripping.. it siphons the fluid right down and doesn't stop until the level in the pan gets below the filter and it takes about 4 quarts to top it back up again.. my car has been parked in a mini storage unit since last September, and it was still dripping into the now almost full drain pan that i put under the car when i parked it.

and yes, i know it's coming out of the front seal- you can see the trail of fluid from the seal, across the pump, and over the front of the pan..

On TR's .....Fuel tank filling having just the right angle and not going to fast or the pump shuts off or burps out and makes a mess,
Rattling doors, Window alignment for not catching the weatherstripping and or sealing fro windnoise is a PITA, crap brakes, seat belts hanging and not retracting are a few that bug me

great thread.
On the GN I have to replace my ECM harness when I go around hard turns the car cuts off for a moment or if I hit a hard bump the car can stall out. I had to replace the ECM cause of rusty pins Damn T-Tops. Body bushings!!!!
On the WE4 The digital fuel gauge is not reading correctly so I just have to make sure I have a full tank when I go for a ride. This year winter project.

turbo nasty said:
On TR's .....Fuel tank filling having just the right angle and not going to fast or the pump shuts off or burps out and makes a mess

Aahhhhh....me too! Ever since I put in a new tank and sending unit from Spectra mine does this! Freakin annoying!

OK, time for me. Quick fill in, owned a '85 Limited 3.8L N/A from '87 through??, then a '87 limited 5.0L from then 'til a few years ago. Both were the 'missus cars. But we all know who gets to work on them.

Favorite is the door lock switches where the rain runs into them whenever the door is open to get in or out. Corrodes them, and they don't work. Secondary is the window switches that keep going out. Along with the body to door wiring for the same.

Then the E carb's, ack.

Anyway, I have a '87 VIN7 car. Went out today in it. Got in and as I closed the door it made a funny 'clink' sound. Odd, open and close door again, same sound. Shake door, OK, it's latched. Bag it, time to drive it. Got out on the road and the drivers window is making all kinds of racket. Clinking, buzzing, you name it, it's making some sounds.

Roll down window, roll up window, open door and re-close, hold side view mirror, check the dew strips, door lock button, nope, none of them it just keeps making noise.

The heck with it, have tuning to do, I'll deal with it when I get back.

Get back, get out of car, and check parking position (it's tight here). Dang-nab-it, now the drivers door won't open, LOL.

Can open it from the inside but the outside handle does nothing. Had to go through the passenger side to get everything out of the car.

Apparently either the door handle broke where the rod attaches, or the rod clip failed. The noise is likely the rod in contact with the window. If it isn't one thing it's another...

But, the acceleration makes up for it. Along with having a ricer going the other way as one lets up and the turbo sneezes into their open drivers window. How much better can it get.

RemoveBeforeFlight

This thread is hilarious some of you guy's responses is cracking me up!

The next thread anyone see's that says "Looking to buy a TR" they need to be directed to this here!!!!!

transmission shifting 2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3......

Bob

You've got that problem,too? Mine does it only at very light throttle. 2-3-2-3-2-3.. Ugh. I know when it's gonna do it,so I just step on it a little or go slower.

My issue is that squeak that's coming from the back. Exhaust rubbing on something? I think it's the trunk latch.
The trouble is,I can't find the squeak when the car is parked no matter what I push on.

Squeaks and rattles. Every time one is taken care of two more decide to show up. Will you please be quiet car! O and the lifter tap that makes everyone tell me there's something wrong with my car.