Fabricated parts for my T-type

You are extremely talented!! Very nice work. I could only wish to be able to do fab work. Thanks for posting your work for us to enjoy.

Bryan

I had to narrow the rear another 1/4" per side. Luckily I had only tacked the housing ends before. I cut them back off and shortened the axle tube a little more and welded them back on.
CIMG0736.jpg

I also made the lower control arm mounts.
IMG_0277.jpg

Great Job!!! You are extremely talented.... between you and Coach - u guys always have the gears in my head turning.... just wish i had the capabilities and access to the machinery.... keep the pics coming.

let me know if you ever reproduce the tie rod ends.... <----- not a solicitation

aaron

I had just enough time to make one of the adjustable spring perches tonight. It's not completely done, but cutting the threads correctly is the hardest part. The adjusters are from Afco and can be used on my rear shocks or this spring perch.

CIMG0744.jpg

CIMG0745.jpg

skillz

Auto cad too!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your talents can't be brought, just years of trial and errror and experience. Very nice work. I bet that you could fab up 9inch G body housings with options cheaper than the big companies. Maybe a control arm package tossed in there. I can only name a few companies that offer that.

I haven't been keeping track of the rearend build cost, but I dont' have much in materials. However, the time spent is pretty high. If I had to sell them, I don't think I could sell it any cheaper than TRZ. I would have had them put their brackets on my housing, but they don't modifiy other peoples housings anymore. And I simply cannot afford one of their fabricated housings. This has been fun though. Fabrication is my other hobby, so the time spent is enjoyable.

I got the upper and lower mounts tacked on so I can test the fitment under the car and measure to put the spring jacks in the right place.

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

Nice work. I'got all TRZ stuff going on my car, will have to compare your pics for fun.
Very impressive what you've accomplished. :)

Peter

Other than a couple tabs for the sway bar, the fab on the rearend housing is done.

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

I finished the adjustable shock/ coilover mounts:

CIMG0769.jpg

CIMG0770.jpg

The rearend under the car:

CIMG0771.jpg

CIMG0772.jpg

The new springs should be in tomorrow and hopefully it will sit like this:

CIMG0775.jpg

CIMG0774.jpg

Sorry, no updates. I haven't worked on my own car since June of last year. I hope to get back to it in the next month or so.