You can type here any text you want

Fel Pro perma dry silicone oil pan gaskets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

49-blues

I was wondering if anyone on here used these gaskets and what your experience with them was. Their valve cover silicone gaskets work well and was curious about the oil pan ones.

Are you talking about the blue rubber gasket? If so, I have used one and my car does not leak a drop of oil.

if youre gonna use one make sure everything is dry as a bone or it will slip out when you tighten it down....I prefer the cork one.

Yes the blue silicone ones-do they have a layer of metal in the middle?

Mine didn't, takes a bit of effort to install in the car but they give you a set of dummy bolt "pins" that hold it in place while you maneuver the pan in place.

I ONLY use cork. With the rubber gasket, if you do NOT have both surfaces COMPLETLY dry, it can split it and spit it out and will leak like a seive.

I had a blue one on mine and it started pushing out inbetween every bolt.It was put on dry and the block and pan were brake cleaned before install.I used permatex ulta grey the next time and its dry now.

Cork gasket and permatex #2. Its freakin sealed. A mother to take back apart but it aint gonna leak.

Yes, be sure and let it air out a bit and get" tacky". Just follow the instructions on the tube.

Cometic makes a great oil pan gasket. It's thick and you can crank the bolts down good and tight and it won't have any problems.

I tried the Felpro ones twice....leaked both times.
I got the double thick cork one from Kirban, and it hasn't leaked a drop since.

I used the permadry valve cover gaskets and they leak some.Been on the car for 5 yrs though. I think the surface on the heads is too rough for the silicone to seal. I am intreged about the oil pan gasket. I have had both types leak and not leak. I do prefer cork with avation glue on both sides. I have no seen a cometic gasket,but would like to try one.

i thought the oil pan gasket would have the metal plate in the center like the valve cover gaskets do.

i thought the oil pan gasket would have the metal plate in the center like the valve cover gaskets do.

That would make it near impossible to install in the car without destroying the gasket, needs to be flexible...

I installed my gasket with the engine on the stand. I "brake cleaned" the pan mounting surface on the block and washed the rubber gasket with soap and water so it is "tacky" when installing. I can imagine the rubber gasket is slick as owl sh** when trying to install with the engine in the car.

Then what would be the difference between a permadry and regular blue gasket if there's no metal plate. Valve cover gaskets do have the metal plate.
That would make it near impossible to install in the car without destroying the gasket, needs to be flexible...

Back