Finally got some time.

Welcome back to the madness.:biggrin:

Now on to more info. I really didn't get anything done today because of that F-cking truck. Seems that I crimped the fuel line off the tank so it has to come back down to fix it.:mad:

I did get the parking brake cables in place but not buttoned up yet. I'm still waiting on my friend to help me make the new shock mounts for the rear as you can see.

Now if you didn't know that I've repositioned the spring pearches I doubt you'd ever be able to see it.:biggrin: What do you guys think so far?:confused:
looks good

Nice... those discs look awesome on there.

X2

Thanks Matt. I got the truck out today after dropping both tanks and making new stainless lines to adapt the larger tanks. It's gone for now. I also spent several hours cleaning the shop out. Aj will understand this. I blew all the dust out on one side of the open end and have increased the height of the entrance by at least 1 inch.:eek: I'm gonna try to get the other side done tomorrow so I won't be in the dust as much while working on the car.:biggrin:

Thanks Matt. I got the truck out today after dropping both tanks and making new stainless lines to adapt the larger tanks. It's gone for now. I also spent several hours cleaning the shop out. Aj will understand this. I blew all the dust out on one side of the open end and have increased the height of the entrance by at least 1 inch.:eek: I'm gonna try to get the other side done tomorrow so I won't be in the dust as much while working on the car.:biggrin:

dont even get me started on the friggin dust!

A.j.

LOL The guy that owned the truck said it looked like a sand storm coming out of the shop.:eek:

I hate it so much Charlie, that i wont build an engine in the spring around here.... I have had bearing issues from just the dust in the air!

dust is a serious no no.

A.j.

I hate it so much Charlie, that i wont build an engine in the spring around here.... I have had bearing issues from just the dust in the air!

dust is a serious no no.

A.j.

LMAO I agree with you bud. The summer is more of a dust time though but this year it seems that it's all gotten in the shop.:mad:

Well the shop is much cleaner and it's official now. The frame is gonna have to come out. The front bushings are toast and I need to look in the frame channel so I can make sure the rust hasn't eaten anything else.:mad: I can't see any damage but I need to make sure nothing is damaged so the frame will have to come out just in case.

I also took the bottom door trim off and the trim below it on the drivers side tonight. No rust there but I've got 4 or 5 tiny holes in the bottom of the door that will need repairing. I really hope that the frame channel is just surface rust but I won't know until the frame is out.:frown:

Is it really hard to pull a body off a frame? Isnt it just take out the body mount bolts, and some hoses and wires and it pops right off? I know I made it sound easy but it cant be that hard with a good lift and if you get lucky and all the bolts come out good and everything.

It's not that it's hard it's just one more thing I need to do.:mad: I was hoping to get her on the road this fall but it looks like it will take longer than I thought.:frown: Looks like this is offically a frame off now and I was hoping for a much easier path to get her going. Just my luck but at least it will be done right instead of half assed.:biggrin:

Well I've had to do some reading and looking at pics to figure out how I wanted to do the new shock mounts. So far this is the best I can figure out without having to buy a shock relocation kit.:redface: This actually aligns the shock better than the factory mount. It's 3/8" thick angle iron but it will have to be braced up some. I'll probibly box it in the rest of the way once I get it mounted better, but leave the front open so I can get to the nut if I need to change things around. I'm leaving a hole in the mount so if for some reason I decide to go back with drum brakes I can.:biggrin: I will use a grade 8 bolt in it just in case but I doubt I'll need it.:cool: Once I get it squared away I'll take the axle back out to weld it up better.

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 338
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 340
Didn't think about that Adam. Since I'm taking the frame out maybe I should do a mini tub and narrow the frame slightly.:eek::biggrin:

Charlie
How much $$$$$ did the rear disc brake set you back????

BTW thanks for the idea to go with the rear discs instead of C-clip Eliminators.

LOL No problem David. I just figured that it would be much easier for you than the C clip kit.

The cost is kind of a toss up. I took them off an axle that I repaired and never got paid for. Kinda sucks but if you go to a salvage yard you should be able to get everything for less than $150. Just make sure you take everything off of the axle. Lines, brackets, ect because you will need all of it. The brackets bolt on to the LCA mounts on the axle and I'd suggest that get the LCA's as well. They're exactly the same as the ones on the metric chasis so you can sell them as new or use them on something else

LOL No problem David. I just figured that it would be much easier for you than the C clip kit.

The cost is kind of a toss up. I took them off an axle that I repaired and never got paid for. Kinda sucks but if you go to a salvage yard you should be able to get everything for less than $150. Just make sure you take everything off of the axle. Lines, brackets, ect because you will need all of it. The brackets bolt on to the LCA mounts on the axle and I'd suggest that get the LCA's as well. They're exactly the same as the ones on the metric chasis so you can sell them as new or use them on something else

i was always planing on making the move to rear discs BUT like a dummy i was going to install the C-Clip eliminators then later on do the disc brake conversion.

i guess the problem was/is that i am thinking in NOW and not 5 minutes from now. time to to change my thinking OR stop thinking all together LOL

i guess the problem was/is that i am thinking in NOW and not 5 minutes from now. time to to change my thinking OR stop thinking all together LOL

I've been figuring out what I've wanted to do for several years now David. Along the road I've had to revise my intentions on it since I didn't have the shop time and the car wasn't running. Now that I've got her in the shop I can do what I want but always expect some suprises. I didn't want to take the frame out but it will be easier to make sure they're no issues with her when I'm done.:biggrin:

i was always planing on making the move to rear discs BUT like a dummy i was going to install the C-Clip eliminators then later on do the disc brake conversion.

so are you saying you have some eliminators you want to sell?

lol

im staying drums and would like eliminators over the bulky safety loops.

A.j.