Finally got some time.

you guys are funny.

I always figured it was because I did work so slow I had a bazillion parts and nuthing that matches?

LOL

:rolleyes:A.j.

i over research before i buy
So by the time i am satisfied with the amount of info i have on the product that i want, the product has either been discontinued or something better has come along, either way i have to start researching all over again:mad: and thats the vicious cycle i end up stuck in.
also i don't like to have parts on hand until i am going to install them. Then when its time to install them OHHHH Ship i forgot to order the dam parts.:mad::mad:

Well I needed to check the back spacing on the wheels I have now so I mounted one up today. I also measured the distance from where the rotor mounts and the frame. I've got 5.5" between where the face of the rotor and the frame is now on both sides and a 3.65" back spaced wheel just wont work.:mad: I've been keeping an eye on evilbay and have found 2 16" wheels that look like the TTA wheels and have a 4.75" back spacing and are 8" wide. these would work well with the 16 X7" wide ones I already have so I think I'll be going with them.

I also took the rear back out so I could weld the shock mounts on and discovered something I missed. You guys missed it as well so I dont feel so bad.:biggrin: Look at the last pic and see if you can figure out my boo boo.:biggrin: I didn't figure out what I did until I took the caliper off so I could weld the new shock mounts on. I'll be doing a few mods to what I've already done to say the least.:redface:

Attachments

• DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 251
  • DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 248
  • DSCN0001A.jpg
    DSCN0001A.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 257
Well I needed to check the back spacing on the wheels I have now so I mounted one up today. I also measured the distance from where the rotor mounts and the frame. I've got 5.5" between where the face of the rotor and the frame is now on both sides and a 3.65" back spaced wheel just wont work.:mad: I've been keeping an eye on evilbay and have found 2 16" wheels that look like the TTA wheels and have a 4.75" back spacing and are 8" wide. these would work well with the 16 X7" wide ones I already have so I think I'll be going with them.

I also took the rear back out so I could weld the shock mounts on and discovered something I missed. You guys missed it as well so I dont feel so bad.:biggrin: Look at the last pic and see if you can figure out my boo boo.:biggrin: I didn't figure out what I did until I took the caliper off so I could weld the new shock mounts on. I'll be doing a few mods to what I've already done to say the least.:redface:

Beats me???:confused:

Beats me???:confused:

the caliper is on the wrong side.

the caliper is on the wrong side.

Give that man a cigar!:biggrin: I'm suprised I missed it but when the calipers are put on the backside of the axle you have to switch sides. The bleeders are upside down. I'll have to cut the hose mounts off and turn them around but no biggie.:redface: The hoses just wont work the way they are.:frown:

Well I got the brackets switched so everything should work well now.:biggrin: It looks like everything lines up fairly well even though my welding needs some work.:redface: The shock brackes aren't going anywhere. I hit them with a sledge to make sure it was a solid weld even though it isn't very pretty.

I was given a gallon of rust remover to use on the car from one of my customers and the axle, springs, and some of the undercarriage are now drying. I'm guessing that it's acid based but what it does is desolve the rust and leave a very hard black surface.:cool: The drawback is that you have to wash it down and scrub it with scotchbrite before you do any other painting.

The valve covers were a gift from davidf from Houston and they need a little work but will allow me to use the KB roller rockers if I've got enough room.:biggrin: They need to have the incorrectly cut hole filled up and more cleaning but at least I've got the taller covers if I decide to use them. I've got two different fill tubes that I can use so that will allow me to have some options on what I want to do.:cool:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 222
Well I still have to see if they'll fit guys, but with the taller position of the plenum I think I'll have just enough room for them.:biggrin:

im not worried about that...

my stock valve covers with the RJC inserts barely barely cleared the plenum.... double check it.

A.j.

I considered that Aj. I was thinking about using the spacers but these were free.:cool: I'll be adding a spacer if I need to on the foot of the turbo but I've got to get to that point first.:biggrin:

Minor update.

Well since I got the brakes figured out I also got a bonus from a customer. I sprayed the axle and some of the body down with the rust convertor and it looks much better now.:cool: The axle is clean and painted black and the rest of the parts seem to be rust free and colored black with the stuff I sprayed on them.:cool: The first pic is the rear but I haven't done the cover yet so you can see what it looks like before cleaning and painting. The second pic is of the body after spraying it with the rust convertor. Looks pretty decent and all I need todo now is scrub it some. The third pic is of the stuff I used to get the rust off and it worked pretty good.:cool:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCN0003.JPG
    DSCN0003.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 233
I also found out that the rear I took the brakes off of has a TORSEN carrier in it. Not a bad deal at all. A much stronger carrier than the posi and it's a 28 spline so if I blow the posi I have a back up now.