You can type here any text you want

front control arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ikle

I am thinking about getting BMR tubular front upper and lower control arms.My stock right upper bushings are shot,and figured instead of just replacing that control arm,I'll replace them all with poly bushings but because of time I think it would be better for me to go with new control arms.I been looking at BMR's and they appear to be a high quality control arms at a some what reasonable price.The car is a street car for now but might see some track time in the future.What do you guys think,ikle.

Nice Upgrade...I would look at SPC's and Spohn's also, just to compare...

Go with SPC uppers and leave the stock lowers, just get new bushings and ball joints installed.

Any reason in particular not to replace the lowers with tubulars?

If you weigh most aftermarket tubular lower control arms (except the cheapies which are junk anyways), you find that they weigh almost the same as stock lowers. Also, the stock lowers dont really flex. Unless you want the tubulars for the cool factor, why spend the money? I'd rather have a nice set of adjustable uppers and stock lowers than a decent set of tubular non adjustable uppers and tubular lowers.

Detroit Speed & Engineering (DSE), Edelbrock, TRZ, Global West also make control arms.
Hot Air

I bought uppers from Gbodyparts.

Attachments

• Picture 222.jpg
    Picture 222.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 292
I see G-Body Parts uppers are a LOT less expensive than all the others. Why? Looking for an autocross solution without breaking the bank.

Go with SPC uppers and leave the stock lowers, just get new bushings and ball joints installed.

X2

That is my current set-up (with tall ball joints). Terrific autocross combo. My next upgrade will be the SPC lowers with adjustable ride height.

Anyone know where G-Body gets their tubular uppers?
Hot Air

X2

That is my current set-up (with tall ball joints). Terrific autocross combo. My next upgrade will be the SPC lowers with adjustable ride height.

John, what are you charging for the adjustable lowers? I'm thinking those will be my next major purchase. Also, PM me if you can. I have some important information to pass along to Marcus. Thanks!

If you weigh most aftermarket tubular lower control arms (except the cheapies which are junk anyways), you find that they weigh almost the same as stock lowers. Also, the stock lowers dont really flex. Unless you want the tubulars for the cool factor, why spend the money? I'd rather have a nice set of adjustable uppers and stock lowers than a decent set of tubular non adjustable uppers and tubular lowers.

I agree 100%, keep the lowers unless you can find ones that replicate the stock one properly, and that will be expensive as most do not have the proper spring pocket.

One local guy put upper and lowers on a customer's GN which cost over $1000, and eventually had to scrap them. :rolleyes:

Like Red, I just used G Body uppers on my race car and could not be happier, never again have to replace the rubber bushing next to the downpipe! :biggrin:

Back