You can type here any text you want

Fuel pressure with a chip from Brutal Six

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sleeper-6

I'm just wondering, what fuel pressure are you guys running with chips from Brutal Six? I'm runnuin at 38 line off, and have a random stumble off idle. I may be able to tune it out. Also my o2's slowly drop at WOT? Would bumping the FP up a little cure that?

I have a chip from Neal as well, for my 75# Delphi injectors and he suggested I'd start with 42*line-off,then tune from there.HTH...

Originally posted by Sleeper-6
I'm just wondering, what fuel pressure are you guys running with chips from Brutal Six? I'm runnuin at 38 line off, and have a random stumble off idle. I may be able to tune it out. Also my o2's slowly drop at WOT? Would bumping the FP up a little cure that?

I'm no expert on Neal's chips, but I'd guess that 38's a bit low, might want to start around 42 or so and work from there.
As for your O2's dropping off during a WOT run, that's pretty much normal. Keep in mind our O2 sensors are radically affected by EGT and Backpressure, both of which are increasing during a WOT blast. Higher temps, and higher backpressure both tend to force the O2 output downward.
While you could be going a little leaner as the run progresses, it's hard to say to what extent without watching both EGT and O2's to see how fast they are both changing.

OK then, I'll try that.

Thanks, I'll bump it up a few pounds and give it a shot. As for the O2's dropping, Your explanation makes perfect sense, My exhaust is pretty bad, Plenty-o-backpressure to be had.

Re: OK then, I'll try that.

Originally posted by Sleeper-6
Thanks, I'll bump it up a few pounds and give it a shot. As for the O2's dropping, Your explanation makes perfect sense, My exhaust is pretty bad, Plenty-o-backpressure to be had.

It's not the exhaust backpressure that's the problem. It's the pre turbine exhaust pressure in the headers (where your O2 sensor is) trying to sping the turbo. That pressure is in many cases double what your boost is :eek: Lot's of folks don't realize how high the backpressure in the headers can get when making boost!!

Back