You can type here any text you want

Fuel pump intermediate harness

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here you go quick...

Obviously it's discontinued but this is what he wants

http://www.racetronix.biz/customkititems.asp?kc=BCWA-G7U&eq=

Screenshot_20161016-175806.png

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Doesn't Caspers sell them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Got lucky, a gaybook buddy had 1 new still in the package.
Guess you can say it's something overlooked. Everyone buys a Hot wire kit, but forget the stock crappy connector with cheap thin wire on the hanger to the pump!

That upgrade is better then stock but still crappy

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Sorry. My phone must have done it or my fingers hit the wrong key! That harness is still on FT's website.

....................... Everyone buys a Hot wire kit, but forget the stock crappy connector with cheap thin wire on the hanger to the pump!

If you think that China replacement harness/connector is better than a stock piece, you must not have any experience with them?

I have 3 of the new-stock replacement senders on my bench that failed electrically in a few weeks/months depending on use.

There are some decent parts out of China for our cars, but generally wiring stuff is not on the "good" list.

The wire itself is far inferior to even our factory stuff as they cheat on wire size and material.

Nick must be talking about the spectra or whoever replacement pump hanger because everything I have gotten from Jack at Racetronix feels and looks to be of better quality than OEM. Their wiring is not thin or flimsy at all.

I have that intermediate harness, Hotwire and injector harness and the quality is all A+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike, any chance you could talk jack into making another batch of these for us? People are always asking me where to get one

Last year I replaced a bad sender with one of the AC Delco units from Highway Stars and reused my Aeromotive Stealth 340 pump. Last month before Cecil my pump stopped working. When I dropped the tank this is what I found......
FP1.jpg FP2.jpg
Pinned connector going to the pump was burnt up due to the cheap wiring and the extra voltage draw from the 340 pump and hotwire harness. This really opened my eyes. The fact that some people and, more worryingly, shops are installing this setup knowing that it could fail like this is sickening. Under the right conditions this could have burned the car down. This is when I found out about the Racetronix upgraded tank harness and that it is now discontinued according to Mike at Full Throttle. A local friend had bought one for his TTA but wound up not using it and I wanted to see if it would work on the Buick. Only difference I found was the conntector for the fuel pump itself needed to be modified slightly and be plugged in upside down. It's part # BCWA-FL98HD which is still available if your in a pinch. Side by side it is a definite upgrade. Here is the complete harness installed and ready to drop in......
FP3.jpg

Last edited:
Last year I replaced a bad sender with one of the AC Delco units from Highway Stars and reused my Aeromotive Stealth 340 pump. Last month before Cecil my pump stopped working. When I dropped the tank this is what I found......
View attachment 291193 View attachment 291194
Pinned connector going to the pump was burnt up due to the cheap wiring and the extra voltage draw from the 340 pump and hotwire harness. This really opened my eyes. The fact that some people and, more worryingly, shops are installing this setup knowing that it could fail like this is sickening. Under the right conditions this could have burned the car down. This is when I found out about the Racetronix upgraded tank harness and that it is now discontinued according to Mike at Full Throttle. A local friend had bought one for his TTA but wound up not using it and I wanted to see if it would work on the Buick. Only difference I found was the conntector for the fuel pump itself needed to be modified slightly and be plugged in upside down. It's part # BCWA-FL98HD which is still available if your in a pinch. Side by side it is a definite upgrade. Here is the complete harness installed and ready to drop in......
View attachment 291195
Same thing happened to me. Had to be towed home. Installed Jack's harness , no problems now.

View attachment 291193 View attachment 291194
View attachment 291195
That is exactly what I've told people about when putting in a hotwire kit . I have had 3 bulkhead connectors burned up on stock pumps and 2 were not on turbo buicks , they were on chevy P/U 's .

Back