Gathering in Myrtle Beach in August

BarnesGN said:
Gas too high for me.

Count me out I'm broke.

It would only cost you $20 more in gas to get there and back for the weekend. What's up with that Sam :confused:

Was wondering who was going to wuss out bc of gas prices...jk :biggrin: I'm going no matter what, I need the break after 60, 70 and 80hour weeks all summer. If all else fails you can always ride along with someone.

I'm with you Kelly, screw the oil comapnies I'm ready to go......Rhino: I will bring the $$ for the ported heads and Clint: were you wanting to hook up on the highway at some point?

kh440 said:
I'm with you Kelly, screw the oil comapnies I'm ready to go......Rhino: I will bring the $$ for the ported heads and Clint: were you wanting to hook up on the highway at some point?

I will be heading down 220 and the snaking through to 15/501. Is that the way your going??

I think everything will get back to :mad: :mad: normal :mad: :mad: somewhat after this weekend. As far as gas prices are going. If you cop out for the gas prices and unless they are $10 per gallon then you really didn;t want to go in the first place. Just my .02

I'll check the all-mighty road atlas, if that's quicker than interstates I might.
found an exxon station that still had premium for "only" 3.25/gal.....

Clint: 220 is too far west, probably stick to the interstates until I find 15-501. Any guess what your eta might be on Fri?

I will be leaving my house around 12 noon and its about a 35 min ride to pick up SloGN on 220. From there I think it would be at least 1-1.5 hr ride to get to 15/501. Send me a PM with your phone# and I will call when we get close. Assuming nextel works down there.

For Saturday night, how does meeting in front of Ripley's aquarium at 7pm sound? We can decide what everyone wants for dinner from there, or if you guys have something in mind, let me know. Broadway at the Beach has a ton of places to eat, im sure we could find something. Looking forward to the trip, can't wait to relax for a full weekend. :)

slider252 said:
For Saturday night, how does meeting in front of Ripley's aquarium at 7pm sound? We can decide what everyone wants for dinner from there, or if you guys have something in mind, let me know. Broadway at the Beach has a ton of places to eat, im sure we could find something. Looking forward to the trip, can't wait to relax for a full weekend. :)

I'm good with that. Anyone else??

works for me dude. plans I thought were going to fall through for saturday did in fact fall through so I'm clear for just about anything........

Have 2 camaro/firebird boys looking to hang out in Friday night so far, not sure how many will show for Saturday, won't be a big group i don't think. Any ideas on what you boys are planning for Friday night?

slider252 said:
Have 2 camaro/firebird boys looking to hang out in Friday night so far, not sure how many will show for Saturday, won't be a big group i don't think. Any ideas on what you boys are planning for Friday night?

Nope, not yet. Fly by wire. Maybe the firebird guys will be good hosts for us for that night, BTW, pm received, will do ;)

This weekends weather is good to go!! :) Bring the suntan lotion and bathing suits :cool: or you may get burned :mad:

sydwyndr said:
This weekends weather is good to go!! :) Bring the suntan lotion and bathing suits :cool: or you may get burned :mad:

amen brother, just trying to hold on for another 48 hrs or so.......... :biggrin:

Just stay out of the water so the rip tides don't wash ya out to sea :wink: .Wish I could go but I have to work :( At least it will be my last weekend for about 3 months