Gee, glad I don't have a new Toyota

Pronto

Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.
Recalls and stopped selling because of sudden acceleration. I didn't know they accelerated. Learn something every day.

I own a Pontiac Vibe (Toyota Matrix clone) and I can confirm....we do not accelerate unless headed downhill with a tailwind :-(

I wish it would suddenly accelerate..that might be fun for a change.

If I am correct there are like 6 or 8 different models too. Camery,corolla,Avalon etc. The funny part is that at first they thought it was caused by the floor mats and where they were positioned.

LOL and you know what Toilet-Odor's slogan is? "Moving forward".

That's right...moving forward without even having to press on the accelerator.

There will be more that comes out. Look at some of my very old posts on safety with them. A few people here still work for T and get pissed when anything negative is said about them.

Yeah, pretty funny how some people bash GM for all they've ever done wrong, but are quick to defend Toyota when they make a mistake.

I think this thing will be a few weeks or more. The root cause of the problem has been know for more than two months. Getting engineering and production to agree on a replacement part, getting said part built by a supplier, distributed to every dealership worldwide and to all affected production facilities, all while maintaining the image of a car company that builds superior products. None of that can be completed in their one week time frame.

Sounds like it is a software/sensor issue. All of these cars are drive by wire which means there is no mechanical linkage between the gas pedal and the engine like our cars have.

Sounds like it is a software/sensor issue. All of these cars are drive by wire which means there is no mechanical linkage between the gas pedal and the engine like our cars have.

Which is the exact reason I don't like drive by wire systems. All these movies where the automobiles come to life, drive themselves and try to take over the world couldn't really happen with mechanical user interfaces, but now, ooooh boy, we have anti-lock brakes, electronic steering, and drive-by-wire throttle. Can anyone say Judgement Day, Rise of the Machines. Toyotas have started accelerating by themselves. Didn't they have a truck model T-1000?

Wait...did my car just say, "I'll be back!"????? :eek:

:biggrin:

sad thing about toyota's

in the southlake are on christmas day there was a family a 4-5 that lost control and went upside down into a pond. no survivors and the PD wasn't sure if the recall was already fixed. scary stuff when you don;t have control of your car and are along for the ride where ever it may end. back when this accident happened they though it was the floor mat got stuck. who knows but it killed the whole family if i'm not mistaken and that that included a few kids under 10 years old.

I work for VW/Audi we have hade drive by wire for 8 or 9 years now and have not had an issue cause when you hit the brake pedal and gas at the same time it kills power to the engine so no power braking. I had a customer a few years ago state the the accelerator jammed and she was hitting the brakes and the car did not stop with the car and the officer in the shop in front of my tool box i showed him that was impossible so why can't Toyota build it that way :confused:

The new spin is the part(s) came from an American company, so guess who is still going to get blamed?:mad:

Which is the exact reason I don't like drive by wire systems. All these movies where the automobiles come to life, drive themselves and try to take over the world couldn't really happen with mechanical user interfaces, but now, ooooh boy, we have anti-lock brakes, electronic steering, and drive-by-wire throttle. Can anyone say Judgement Day, Rise of the Machines. Toyotas have started accelerating by themselves. Didn't they have a truck model T-1000?

Wait...did my car just say, "I'll be back!"????? :eek:

:biggrin:

One of the best movies when i was a kid... Still funny to watch at midnight in the dark all alone:

Maximum Overdrive (1986)

The new spin is the part(s) came from an American company, so guess who is still going to get blamed?:mad:

The supplier country doesn't matter. T says build it to this spec or else. I have worked with many tier 1 suppliers to T, they are told what to build, how to build it and what to build it out of. T owns many of it's own suppliers or has joint ventures with companies to create a company that supplies parts to T. In the end, there will be finger pointing until the internal docs warning of the issue surface through the courts.