GN on it's way from Brooklyn to the Orlando World Street Nationals

KLHAMMETT said:
Well i not sure if this is mine is better,But she lets me go and wont be there :biggrin: And she bought me tickets to see Metallica in Detroit for the millenium show the day after our wedding,ad she went with me for that!

Touche! :biggrin:

Oh yeah,Say hi to Darla!

Mrs. Pernek Rocks \m/ !!!!
I think most of our wifes deserve an award for putting up with us!

BTW: I went to Southern Callifornia for my honey moon.
We spent an afternoon at Duttweiler's Shop!
I will have to scan a couple pictures and post them!

re-evaluating said:
Sweet it's really nice not to have to get grief about going to the track even better to share it with them. That is my take anyway.

Look us up and say hello. I'll be the goofy looking guy with the good looking redhead. :D

Will do Dave.. I'll be the one wearing the goofy hunting hat to protect my neck/ears from sunburn :wink:

I just talked to Fiscus,They are qualifying pro now,and the radial guys qualify last

I think Dave did a 9.5 on his first shake down.
It was hard to tell with all the noise in the back ground.
Cal and Michael should be up soon.

I hear the cars waiting to run reach all the way to the return road waiting! :eek:

Huge electrical gremlins on Michaels car.
They were wrenching all the way to the starting line.
The car went out 200 feet or so and popped.
Don't know what happened yet.

John Wilde said:
Huge electrical gremlins on Michaels car.
They were wrenching all the way to the starting line.
The car went out 200 feet or so and popped.
Don't know what happened yet.
Man,When it let here he had 4 wire to hook to switches then ground :confused:
I hear it was smoking from the pass side?

KLHAMMETT said:
Man,When it let here he had 4 wire to hook to switches then ground :confused:
I hear it was smoking from the pass side?

You know more than me.
I wonder if they popped the head gasket.

0-40PSI in .3s of a second did not agree with one of the head gaskets.
They are in the process of pulling it now.
I will provide more updates as the come.

It was a nice day at the track but neither Buick made it into the field. The last round of drag radial looked like a demo derby, those guys are NUTS!! The fiscus car looked good and ran a 8.80 & change in the 3rd round but the bump was around 8.47. The old Jimmy D car popped both head gaskets yesterday & never got a chance to make the feild. Although they were wrenching real hard all day on it, two thumbs up for the effort! It was real good to see that car again, a true piece of Buick History there.

Damn, I was crossing my fingers for 'em.

I've gotta ask, what 32 cars were running 8.40's or better?????? Good Lord......

You need to be well into the 7's to have a chance in drag radial. They are truely amazing cars to watch & a bunch of cars were in the 7's. The Buick V-6 is just flat outclassed in drag radial at this time.

UNDER-PRESSURE said:
You need to be well into the 7's to have a chance in drag radial. They are truely amazing cars to watch & a bunch of cars were in the 7's. The Buick V-6 is just flat outclassed in drag radial at this time.

Well it sucks they didnt make the field. As far as being outclassed, its only gonna get worse!

I have to agree with you there, & these Buick's just can't compete with the numerous Turbo V-8 combo's. Thank God i got all that speed nonsense out of me years ago & am very content going relatively slow. I'm just an Old dude with some old cars that have some old parts running some Old times...................... But having FUN. :D