You can type here any text you want

Going to the dyno saturday... Guestimates?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
So my combo is below. Right now I have the boost right around 23-24PSI and a 14GPH Alky nozzle at full flow at WOT. I also have the timing set at 25-26*. Does anyone have any idea of what type of numbers to expect from a combo like this?

Thanks, Dan

So my combo is below. Right now I have the boost right around 23-24PSI and a 14GPH Alky nozzle at full flow at WOT. I also have the timing set at 25-26*. Does anyone have any idea of what type of numbers to expect from a combo like this?

Thanks, Dan
I 'll play . . . . Calculated 537 WHP unlocked. :D. . . Too many unknowns.
Calcualted at 5400 rpm, 9% slip, 80F, 2 PSI pressure drop accross IC, alky, and a good tune.

If the converter slip isn't out of control roughly 580hp worth of fuel. So about 520whp on a non loaded dynojet. Maybe 535whp if you can control the load. Watch that timing or it will bite you in the ass when you make a full pass.

Bison,I might back off the timing a bit when I first get on the dyno and see how it goes.

Jerryl, your guesstimates of conditions sound pretty close to me though that is 24PSI measured at the intake manifold. I think my IDC is 67% on my 80# injectors with the alky pump at full spray. I have my AFR set for 10.9:1.

Either way if I could make over the 500WHP mark I would be more than content! As this is how I "Daily Drive" the car and road trip it. I don't want BS numbers on 116 Octane and blah blah how it will never be ran again.

Thanks, Dan

I know that Bison knows the capabilities better than I do but I am going to say just shy of 500, maybe 485-490. He is also very correct on the timing, I would get it down to 20*-21*
Good luck

Bryan

Daniel Jost said:
Bison,I might back off the timing a bit when I first get on the dyno and see how it goes.

Jerryl, your guesstimates of conditions sound pretty close to me though that is 24PSI measured at the intake manifold. I think my IDC is 67% on my 80# injectors with the alky pump at full spray. I have my AFR set for 10.9:1.

Either way if I could make over the 500WHP mark I would be more than content! As this is how I "Daily Drive" the car and road trip it. I don't want BS numbers on 116 Octane and blah blah how it will never be ran again.

Thanks, Dan

With the alky that's at least 650hp worth of fuel. My injectors are 85 lb/hr and I rarely see much over 70% dc with 93/alky trapping almost 140mph. You might have a delivery issue or you have a lot more power than you think.

Bison, the fuel pressure looks good, EGTs look fine, and the engine runs very smooth, and the injectors are less than a year old. I dont seem to see any indication of poor fuel delivery. I have never been to the track with it but it does pull pretty hard, and will spin the 275/50/15 Mickey Thompsons at anything under a 35MPH.

Thanks, Dan

Daniel Jost said:
Bison, the fuel pressure looks good, EGTs look fine, and the engine runs very smooth, and the injectors are less than a year old. I dont seem to see any indication of poor fuel delivery. I have never been to the track with it but it does pull pretty hard, and will spin the 275/50/15 Mickey Thompsons at anything under a 35MPH.

Thanks, Dan
Looks more like 580whp to me. Should trap around 131mph

I would be more than happy if it made over 500WHP. I guess I will know who is the best guesser after the weekend.

,Dan

I would be more than happy if it made over 500WHP. I guess I will know who is the best guesser after the weekend.

,Dan
Hey Dan,
Bison has more experience than I can gather in three lifetimes . . . and I can’t argue with his 131 mph assessment.
It is my believe that the converter may hurt the dyno number.

I guess I keep my standards low, I feel that I am a pretty good tuner. But it seems some guys on here must have black magic to go as fast as they do... As stated in my combo I went 11.97 with a 1.6 60' on the stock turbo and some other mods while there are guys going mid/low 11's with the stock turbo... Maybe I am missing something even though when I compare my tunes with others they look very similar.

,Dan

I guess I keep my standards low, I feel that I am a pretty good tuner. But it seems some guys on here must have black magic to go as fast as they do... As stated in my combo I went 11.97 with a 1.6 60' on the stock turbo and some other mods while there are guys going mid/low 11's with the stock turbo... Maybe I am missing something even though when I compare my tunes with others they look very similar.
,Dan

I hope you did NOT take my response as being negative . . . . in any way!
All I was trying to say is . . . . You will probably run faster doen the track than the dyno shows. :cool:
I really don't kow . . . all speculative discussion on my end.

I'll take a stab...510HP ~~ 518TQ...Like mentioned be careful w/timing. That's alot for 91 w/alky. Once I got to 500HP I was grinning ear to ear. Now it seems like the thrill is gone. I'm tunning for 600HP as my daily street tune now.:rolleyes:

Jerryl I did not take your comment negative, just saying some people on here must have witch magic or are super tuners. I will back the timing down as I would hate for it to ruin my weekend. I am also very familiar that the dyno does not reflect 1/4 mile times of our car very well.

,Dan

Jerryl I did not take your comment negative, just saying some people on here must have witch magic or are super tuners. I will back the timing down as I would hate for it to ruin my weekend. I am also very familiar that the dyno does not reflect 1/4 mile times of our car very well.

,Dan
FWIW, I dynoed (dynojet) my car right before I went to the track and it dynoed 501HP and 511TQ @20psi w/20*. Race weight with me in the car is 3570 w/out me 3420. After the dyno I went home and played with the racing calculators and input my weight and hp number and it spat out 11.126 @121.602. I went to the track a few days later and my first run I ran 11.2 @ 120. A few hours later when the weather cooled down, I added 1 degree of timing in 3rd gear and I ran my PB, 11.0 @122 w/1.7 60ft. In my case, the dyno is a perfect tunning tool in conjunction with the racing calculators. It gives me some idea of what the car might run at the track...

Well I got it on the dyno... Ran into an issue with the RPM pickup on the dyno working so we just made a couple pulls to check for torque as I was there and it was free anyways.. Ran 3rd gear with the converter unlocked My Peak TQ was 595# corrected to 608#. This was with somewhere in the neihborhood of 22# of boost and 23* timing. My IATs under boost were 100*. I made a couple pulls with the converter locked and the car was starting to heat soak, it was making somewhere around 550# if I remember correctly. Oh this weekend I also walked a GTR and got it on video as well but that is a whole different thread... :-)

,Dan

Well I got it on the dyno... Ran into an issue with the RPM pickup on the dyno working so we just made a couple pulls to check for torque as I was there and it was free anyways.. Ran 3rd gear with the converter unlocked My Peak TQ was 595# corrected to 608#. This was with somewhere in the neihborhood of 22# of boost and 23* timing. My IATs under boost were 100*. I made a couple pulls with the converter locked and the car was starting to heat soak, it was making somewhere around 550# if I remember correctly. .......... Dan
Dan,
Great numbers! Congratulations!
What was the RPM for peak HP/torque?

FWIW . . .
Re-calculated; heat soaked, 22 PSI, 0% slip, 551 WHP, 612 at the crank.
Based on 3650 race weight . . . . 10.7@124 or 99@6.79 :cool:
Thanks for sharing the numbers. Gives me hope. LOL

I wish I knew Jerryl... I dyno'd it at the college I used to go to and they usually use the ALDL for RPM input, since I have an MS3x that does not exist.. We messed around for about 45min trying to figure out how to use the inductive RPM input, but having no instructions for the ATI controller we were shooting in the dark. We just decided to use the roller RPM as a place holder and ran it just to see peak TQ. I am planning on trying to get it on a commercial dyno sometime soon on E85 and a lot more boost! Maybe next time it won't be 100* out...

,Dan

I wish I knew Jerryl... I dyno'd it at the college I used to go to and they usually use the ALDL for RPM input, since I have an MS3x that does not exist.. We messed around for about 45min trying to figure out how to use the inductive RPM input, but having no instructions for the ATI controller we were shooting in the dark. We just decided to use the roller RPM as a place holder and ran it just to see peak TQ. I am planning on trying to get it on a commercial dyno sometime soon on E85 and a lot more boost! Maybe next time it won't be 100* out...

,Dan
Well, if we know the MPH, we can get close and should give a good idea of tuning and converter selection for the future.
With E-85, it's going to be killer!
Looks like cooler weather and E-85 may be worth 40 HP all else being the same.
Cooler weather, E-85, 25 PSI, calculated 616 WHP.
Again, nice job! :cool:

Back