You can type here any text you want

Going to the dyno saturday... Guestimates?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Daniel Jost said:
Out of curiosity what calculator are you using?

,Dan

I don't know about jerryl but I used the
Bison mental calculator.

I don't know about jerryl but I used the
Bison mental calculator.

Mine is a “Home massaged calculator” which uses input assumptions based on many years of reading and verifying data.
It is based on the work by John Estill and took many years of tweaking to make it as accurate as possible for TR’s.

I started it about 6-7 years ago because I did not have the experience and refused to “throw money at the car” before making some informed decisions.
The outcome is balanced with real life experience and shared data from people like yourself and a few select others. . . . . data that I feel can be trusted.
I have to say . . . . . it is has been a great tool for me to make some decisions with my limited real life experience.

What is interesting and of value to me . . . my PC calc numbers are very close to the Bison mental calculator. Really a testiment to YOUR knowledge. :cool:

Great numbers! Sucks they didn't have an RPM input to get direct numbers, but still impressive nonetheless. I hope I can even come close to that on Friday....for some reason I have a feeling I'll be seeing 475rwhp....just doesn't feel as quick up top in 3rd as the setup would indicate. Though I have yet to run anybody on the street so I'm really just going by SOTP feeling.

Now post up that GT-R video!!!

That dyno pull was sexy!!!! Congrats on the #'s. Is that with ported Irons or Gn1's? And x2 on the GTR vid!!!

Congrats on the numbers you made !!! I guess I was a little off huh?

Bryan

Thanks guys! It Ported Irons, I am working on getting the video together, but with my girlfriend living with me its a bit tricky finding time to as she doesn't find as much fun in watching videos of a GN walking on a super car as I do... I feel many of you can relate! lol

,Dan

If you ran the PTC 10" lockup locked at WOT, the clutch is most likely toast now.

Bob

The clutch is fine when I ran it locked it never slipped. It is a 9-11 Billet converter and I talked to PTC and they said that it will be fine to lock at WOT. Also I let it lock before making the pull.

,Dan

I think thats a PTS converter, thus my confusion.

Bob

Here is the video of the run with the GTR, a little bit of break up from being fat on fuel as it was really hot/humid out but it still was making enough power. ;)

,Dan

Haha, thanks guys I figured I would completely hook the bait in... Didn't want to scare him off as he seemed to know what a GN was. Also I built the car to appear stock to your typical Joe Shmoe. The intercooler is so big people think it is just the radiator, Drag radials (No tire shine), Lowered a bit, Quiet, and only Boost and AFR in the center console. No other interior mods, and of course put away the laptop. ;-)

,Dan

When I pulled back into the gas station the GTR owner was itching to see what was under the hood. As I was popping the hood his Ricer/Bike buddies were walking over saying;
Kids-Did the GTR smoke that thing?
Owner- Hell No! He took me!
Kids- What!!??
Owner- Yeah this thing is bad as hell.
Kids- What do you have done to this thing?
Me- Oh just a couple mods here and there, pretty much the typical stuff.. (When on to list some mods with a smirk)
Kids- Oh..... ? (Looking lost as if a RWD engine bay was foreign to them, I think they expected me to say this is a stage 1,2,3,4 setup blah blah like they always say but has no real meaning)

I think they spent the night trying to figure out how my car went so fast without colored wire loom and a pound of chrome... The GTR owner was way cooler than the typical GTR tool bag as well, and just had to laugh at the fact that he had fallen for the "it's stock" line.

,Dan

Back