You can type here any text you want

Good morning, Americans...it's FRIDAY

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by d0n_3d
amen to that...wow i had a HORRIBLE 2003 (especially the last half of it)

Ditto. Probably the worst year of my life.

It's FRIDAY!!

And only 351 more days until Christmas! And only 291 more days until the anniversary of the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral.

and only 72 days until the first day of spring!!! wahoo! can't wait...SICK of winter:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by lyonsd
Ditto. Probably the worst year of my life.

yeah well this is what happened to me...

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/d0n_3dgn/detail?.dir=/Don's+Pictures&.dnm=intrepidwreck.jpg

lucky to be alive and nothing was broken...i took a plundge off a LONG country road into a major river drainoff...car was submerged all the way to my chest level...my body was numb from the landing so i couldn't get out...no air bags deployed, the windows didn't break...i went off the road at 110+ mph thanks to me falling asleep at the wheel and my foot pushing down on the accelerator...i had nightmares for months...they had to cut the door to get me out...the gas tank was pushed all the way to the backseat and i was sitting in a full tank of gas because it leaked, at least the car shutoff when it went under water...somebody upstairs was by my side the whole time this accident happened...nobody has ever lived out of that area going off the road...3 weeks later someone else went off road and got killed there...makes me wonder why i am still here...guess it wasn't my time to go...i consider myself THE luckiest man on this planet...

also have lost 2 jobs in recent months...my car first blew the tranny...then i blew a headgasket to put it away for good this year...got kicked out of college because they claimed my funds never arrived (they tell me this halfway through first month of the semester)...so yeah i've had a rough last half of 2003...the first half was fine for me...oh well it's a new year thank goodness...

Originally posted by d0n_3d
yeah well this is what happened to me...

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/d0n_3dgn/detail?.dir=/Don's+Pictures&.dnm=intrepidwreck.jpg

lucky to be alive and nothing was broken...i took a plundge off a LONG country road into a major river drainoff...car was submerged all the way to my chest level...my body was numb from the landing so i couldn't get out...no air bags deployed, the windows didn't break...i went off the road at 110+ mph thanks to me falling asleep at the wheel and my foot pushing down on the accelerator...i had nightmares for months...they had to cut the door to get me out...the gas tank was pushed all the way to the backseat and i was sitting in a full tank of gas because it leaked, at least the car shutoff when it went under water...somebody upstairs was by my side the whole time this accident happened...nobody has ever lived out of that area going off the road...3 weeks later someone else went off road and got killed there...makes me wonder why i am still here...guess it wasn't my time to go...i consider myself THE luckiest man on this planet...

also have lost 2 jobs in recent months...my car first blew the tranny...then i blew a headgasket to put it away for good this year...got kicked out of college because they claimed my funds never arrived (they tell me this halfway through first month of the semester)...so yeah i've had a rough last half of 2003...the first half was fine for me...oh well it's a new year thank goodness...
Damn, dude. Well, it's good to still have you with us, man. Crikey, that's scary. I guess if there is a silver lining, it's that that's not a picture of your gorgeous GN after going off the road........

It's FRIDAY!!

And the rosewood bitters
Help me meet the sunshine in the morning
And the rosewood bitters
Help me through the night
When I feel blue

So what exactly are these "rosewood bitters" and where can I get some?

Hey, that's the first song on the first side of the first Michael Stanley Band album:D

I bought a garage today! And it came with two bedrooms and two bathrooms attached...bonus!

Re: It's FRIDAY!!

Originally posted by lyonsd
And the rosewood bitters
Help me meet the sunshine in the morning
And the rosewood bitters
Help me through the night
When I feel blue

So what exactly are these "rosewood bitters" and where can I get some?
The guy is probably talking about sitting up alone late at night playing guitar and how unhappy he is. Most quality guitars' fretboards are made of rosewood....hence 'the rosewood bitters.' Just my guess.

Re: Re: It's FRIDAY!!

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
The guy is probably talking about sitting up alone late at night playing guitar and how unhappy he is. Most quality guitars' fretboards are made of rosewood....hence 'the rosewood bitters.' Just my guess.

Whoa! I never really thought about it, but that's it! Thanks for that!!

Several of their songs are about the frustrations of the music business and how talent is not a guarantee to big time success. Now I realize that this is another one.

(FWIW, The Michael Stanley Band was HUGE in NE Ohio back in the late '70's/early 80's. They are legends. Unfortunately, they never did achieve widespread success even though they were better than many of the national acts of the time.)

It's FRIDAY!!

I was thinking rosewood bitters had something to do with marijuana. In the song he mentions them being passed around.

Fridays Off

I work late three days a week just to have a three day week end.
My weekend starts on THURSDAY.

Fridays the day to sleep in to 8:00 and then get all my chores done so I can have the saturday to myself (wife+ kids=5 cats+one lizard+turtle+fishes) No dogs they are all gone for now.

But Hey its Cold here inFlorida only got to 70 today Burrrrr.
Wheres my winter coat????

Re: Fridays Off

Originally posted by gr8regal

But Hey its Cold here inFlorida only got to 70 today Burrrrr.
Wheres my winter coat????

i dont know how you do it ! i mean it only got to 67 here in vegas yesterday and i refuse to go out side in that kind of weather. :cool:

Las Vegas trip

Just got back from vegas on sunday we should hook up the next time over there. Spent 5 days wedesday through sunday at the Hilton at a convention.

Went to the Mirage, cesears, paris, venitian, harrahs, stardust, riveria, Bally's.

They are not all alike.

We be back next year same time january 17, 2005

yep winter sucks havent seen my stage car in like two weeks its buried in the snow

Back