Google Chrome "Aw Snap" ?

Guys, go to...;

Settings>Privacy

Uncheck; enable phishing and malware protection...

Go to...;

More Tools>Task Manager

End process for current Shockwave (do not reload), then dowload updated Shockwave program from a reliable source...

Go to...;

Control panel,>Uninstall program

Remove old Shockwave version from PC.

Done.

Guys, go to...;

Settings>Privacy

Uncheck; enable phishing and malware protection...

Go to...;

More Tools>Task Manager

End process for current Shockwave (do not reload), then dowload updated Shockwave program from a reliable source...

Go to...;

Control panel,>Uninstall program

Remove old Shockwave version from PC.

Done.

tried all that, still getting snapped!

tried all that, still getting snapped!

Dave, in Settings>Privacy, uncheck everything below "Predict Network Actions to Improve Page Performance", and only keep the first three checked, that honestly should do it. If it still doesn't work, it's usually the Adobe software (Active X, Shockwave, etc.) loaded in the system which may be outdated or bad, or sometimes the Windows firewall itself may be causing loading issues in Google Chrome if there is another security program your using that also uses its' own firewall. If so, make sure both are allowing entry to Google Chrome, but then turn one of them off otherwise the two will fight each other...

What changed ??? Everything was fine a week or two ago.
I only have this problem here
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Dave, in Settings>Privacy, uncheck everything below "Predict Network Actions to Improve Page Performance", and only keep the first three checked, that honestly should do it. If it still doesn't work, it's usually the Adobe software (Active X, Shockwave, etc.) loaded in the system which may be outdated or bad, or sometimes the Windows firewall itself may be causing loading issues in Google Chrome if there is another security program your using that also uses its' own firewall. If so, make sure both are allowing entry to Google Chrome, but then turn one of them off otherwise the two will fight each other...

Did all that.

EXACTLY!?
I visit another site daily, that runs the same board software and I'm having NO problems on that site via Chrome!

Something changed here a few weeks ago to cause all these issues.

I misunderstood you guys, I thought you guys were having problems everywhere you visit, not just here. Dynoman, go into your Control Panel>Uninstall, and look for any updates that were recently added by way of the date within the last two or so weeks, and just remove them. Then set your updates to only update with your permission and not on their own. You can also do a system restore and set it for a month ago, and then set the updates in the very same manner, with your approval only. The new updates will sometimes reset your settings in terms of which sites are allowed...

This isn't a problem with all of our computers, it's a problem with this website. Last time we were told that we had to switch from IE. Now Chrome doesn't work, are we supposed to switch again. How long before we run out of browsers?

There are a handful of threads about this problem and the people that have the power to fix it are ignoring it or don't care.

Aw Snap is just Google Chrome's way of telling you it cannot display the page correctly, and if it's media related (ads, etc.), then it is more than likely because of the player being used (Adobe, etc.). If it is the page itself, then it is normally in the Settings menu of Google Chrome, or the Extensions in the Settings menu themselves. Disable the extensions one by one to see which one it is...

BTW, all these problems only exist on THIS sight.
aw snap for me too,
ONLY on this site, went with firefox and problem stopped.
something with this site and chrome, obviously

Street Lethal. I appreciate your trying to find a way to fix it, but it's not a problem with our settings or our browser. If it was, we would have the same problem with all other xenforo based forums. I'm a member of two others and don't have these problems with either. I'm no computer epxert, but I don't think disabling phishing and malware protection is wise.

Last edited:
Aw Snap is just Google Chrome's way of telling you it cannot display the page correctly, and if it's media related (ads, etc.), then it is more than likely because of the player being used (Adobe, etc.). If it is the page itself, then it is normally in the Settings menu of Google Chrome, or the Extensions in the Settings menu themselves. Disable the extensions one by one to see which one it is...

I'll have to agree with Mike E on this one. I also visit other Xenforo sites daily and have absolutely no issues with them, so it's obviously not something on our end. I've changed nothing on my computer, yet 2-3 weeks ago all these issues popped up all of a sudden, again, on this site only.
Not only all the Chrome issues, but also my Firefox gets logged out every time I leave the site!!!??? Again, this site ONLY!
I can only speculate that something has changed, either in this site or on the server to cause so many people so many issues all at once with nobody seemingly making any changes on their computers.

I know some are saying it has nothing to do with this site, but if a moderator can check in the general settings for this site and see if they had set the "Turbobuick" address (URL)' and the Forum address (URL)' differently. If the first is a short URL (without a www. at the front), and the second has the full URL (www.turbobuick.com) or visa-versa. Then the two are interacting, and the cookies used to track the login were being set with the wrong domain info, causing a miss-match and preventing them from being used to maintain the login. Setting the two domains in the General Setting identically should cure the problem. However if no changes have been made to the site itself then obviously this would not be the issue.

Just a thought, just in case.

PS- I am using IE, and have been for a very long time and out of the blue a couple weeks ago this started happening to me. So this does effect Chrome and IE from what I can tell.

I am sure that the great majority of those who use this board do not pay for the privilege. I am really surprised though that this has not been resolved yet; it has been going on before the end of last year. Unless I missed it there has been no response from the board operator.

This problem is definitely Flash related and it seems to happen when certain advertisements are served up. In Chrome, you can disable plug-ins for this site only which seems to have fixed my "Aw, Snap" problem - at least so far.

In Chrome, go to the main menu and click Settings. Scroll down to the bottom and click Show advanced settings. Scroll down a little more and under Privacy, click Content settings. Scroll down to where it says Plug-ins and click Manage Exceptions. Under Hostname pattern, type in www.turbobuick.com and change the Behavior to Block and click Done a couple times.

See if that works. I just changed my settings and so far haven't had the problem anymore.

This problem is definitely Flash related and it seems to happen when certain advertisements are served up. In Chrome, you can disable plug-ins for this site only which seems to have fixed my "Aw, Snap" problem - at least so far.

In Chrome, go to the main menu and click Settings. Scroll down to the bottom and click Show advanced settings. Scroll down a little more and under Privacy, click Content settings. Scroll down to where it says Plug-ins and click Manage Exceptions. Under Hostname pattern, type in www.turbobuick.com and change the Behavior to Block and click Done a couple times.

See if that works. I just changed my settings and so far haven't had the problem anymore.

I just tried this and I could not log on because you need cookies enabled . ????

This sight has issues...and it appears to be getting worse....aw snap.:(