Got a carb turbo torn apart and

Problem is 93 doesnt exist at any gas stations locally. Niver understood why. Highest we have is 91. I was going to run a 89/E85 mix in the future BTW. 89 is the same price as 87 here. I am going to have to drive it a little to drain out the full tank of 87 that was in there before. One gas station does have a E30 though. Anyone know the octane of that?

Problem is 93 doesnt exist at any gas stations locally. Niver understood why. Highest we have is 91. I was going to run a 89/E85 mix in the future BTW. 89 is the same price as 87 here. I am going to have to drive it a little to drain out the full tank of 87 that was in there before. One gas station does have a E30 though. Anyone know the octane of that?

E-30 is 30% alky. Don't use the 89, use the 91. You need all the octane you can get. As bad as it sounds if you go cheap you end up with problems. Add some E-85 to the tank now and drive it, that way you burn it out and can check the burn on the plugs with out worrying

Got the throttle cable shortened up so I can go WOT now. I just gotta get some higher octane in the tank and get the retard box and i'll be good to go performance wise. There is a small valve train noise probably due to my old lifters and cam, and my starter sileniod is on its way out. Gotta get around to ordering a new fuel plump to get rid of the electric one. I am pretty happy with this project so far.

What's wrong with the electric one? I wouldn't be going WOT without some sort of retard:biggrin:

wh wha whoa, Just reviewing the pics of the drawthru in the olds. Hei distributor with vac advance?? what did that come on? I have my original 3.8 2bbl distributor from my car ('84) then my second engine was a 4.1 from a lesabre ('84) and now my third engine ('83 t type) which is now coming back out of the car, All three had a computer controlled 7 pin hei module and that's it, no mechanical or vac advance. So does that distributor come on the '78-'83 3.8 na 2bbl or an early 4.1???

LOL Adam, the 78-80 cars had a vac advance as well as weights to advance it timing. The turbo control center is a timing retard in case of knock. The 81 up use puters to control everything.

What's wrong with the electric one? I wouldn't be going WOT without some sort of retard:biggrin:

Ohh I wont be, I just can go WOT now. Theres nothing wrong with the pump, it just rattles and doesnt get fuel to the carb right away at starts.

LOL Adam, the 78-80 cars had a vac advance as well as weights to advance it timing. The turbo control center is a timing retard in case of knock. The 81 up use puters to control everything.

I thought that once, then I didn't see anymore distributors like that In so long. The first one like that I was was in a jeep but it wasn't the dauntless odd fire, it was a later even fire engine.

Hey MNcarbturbo- If I have my car finished next summer I may arrange a get together during rivercade days. You in? I'd like to see some carb turbo guys show:cool:

Where and when is rivercade days? Im always up for a road trip as long as it fits into my scedule.

Yeah thats a possiblity. I cant plan almost a year in adavance but Ill keep it in mind. Might actually have the car running really good by then or even with some new paint! :eek:

I'm just throwing it out there for a possibility. I would like to arrange something though. There are no TB guys around here, well none that come out of hiding anyway. I see one every once in a while but always going in the opposite direction. We'll see how things go between now and then:)

LOL Lonely Jesse? We should have something just for the carb/turbo guys once in a while. That would be fun for sure. Somewhere in Northern Okla or just above that maybe? Are there any tracks up there that we might be able to meet at?

Got replacements for the 14/6 ralleys. 15/7 Trans am GTA's. I only have 2 tires though. Been looking on craiglist for some slightly used 225/60/15's for the front but havnt found anything. Looks a lot better with new tires and doesnt sway side to side as much.
picture341.jpg

picture342.jpg

Car drives a lot better. Those old tires that were on it were horribly out of ballance and shook like crazy. The insides of the rims are actually really close to the color of the car. Got the starter sileniod repalced so it turns over right away and starts in like a second. It does loose oil kinda fast though. Drove it 250 miles a week or so ago and it went from the top of the fill marker to the bottom. Either its going down the valve guides, going out the turbo, or going through the piston rings. Engine might just need more miles on it to get broke in 100%. Im not to worried.

Hahahaha!!!! I think im going to get the ralleys off the front. Its got to much of a trailer court look to it right now for me.

Hey charlie, i got a question, you said that the swaybar off a blazer would fit on a G body over in the junk yard section, what year is that from? My cutlass didnt have a stock rear bar and it turns like a boat!