You can type here any text you want

Hard to say goodbye...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GregInAtl

Anyone sold a GN/GNX and felt that empty feeling as it drives off. This week I watched a 38 orig mile GN, and 500 mile GNX go to a new home. Watchin the trailer pull away sucks, so few goodtimes to see them go. Oh well, thats why theres drivers also I suppose. Funny that when they p/u the GN today, the PLOWED our mailbox w/ the enclosed trailer when they left. They beat you up on price, then the break your mailbox post off at the ground...Talkin about being kicked when youre down! :biggrin:

Well, you probably won't like what I have to say, but since no one including yourself evidently drove them, it's hard to imagine you could have that "empty feeling" when they left. To me, they were an investment and nothing more, like porkbellies, or frozen concentrated orange juice.

Don't misunderstand, it's important that there are zero miles cars to document the breed, but I'll never own one, because I couldn't be any more attached to it than I could, say, a roll of quarters. And this is coming from a guy with 2 TRs, 1 with 1,471 and 1 with 27,626 kilometers.

strike

strikeeagle said:
Well, you probably won't like what I have to say, but since no one including yourself evidently drove them, it's hard to imagine you could have that "empty feeling" when they left..........

My sentiments exactly.

Or did you drive them a 1/4 mile at a time?...... ;)

It's even harder when you sell the car, watch it drive away and then the next day hear it catch fire over the phone. I sold my 85 T to poor James and the next day it was a total loss. She was such a pretty car and almost perfect condition. Like new. :( It felt like loosing a child to me. Just so sad.

I agree, and disagree w/ you guys. To say you have to drive them to appreciate them is not 100% true in my case. You need to drive one car, one time and know what they all can do to appreciate any IMO. I drove one when I was in high school, and chased ownership for almost 15 years before getting one. I appreciated what they were then. Today, We have driven cars also, which made us appreciate them differently. To see them go sucks because they were the essentially perfect cars (for an 87 GM), not molested, and honestly museum quality. My point wasnt that they were low mile, it was watching a TR go in any form sucks, regardless of amount you have or mileage.
Now, I have to go stand by the street and wait on the mail man! :rolleyes:

GNeric said:
It's even harder when you sell the car, watch it drive away and then the next day hear it catch fire over the phone. I sold my 85 T to poor James and the next day it was a total loss. She was such a pretty car and almost perfect condition. Like new. :( It felt like loosing a child to me. Just so sad.

Is that why 85s are called Hot Air cars?! Only kidding, Sux man, any TR lost permanantly sux.

hey cars come and go . I am use to it now .. maybe come's with age :eek: :biggrin:

Back