Help spend my money

BFlat

87 Turbo Ltd. with 38k miles. Stock. (coil pack is even still marked 3/2/87)
Installed new IAC, plugs, radiator, standard actuator with rod set long, TT 91 street chip with stock injectors & Scanmaster. Numbers are good.
No other aftermarket parts that I can see.
Only slight hiccups are a few very small backfires sometimes on deacceleration, cranks a bit too long when starting (hot or cold) & it sounds like it has a more aggresive than stock cam. Might be the mufflers. They're the originals!
Barely driven since 1991.
Question - What to replace next? It will never be raced. It's grandpa's (that's me) car. A kind of go reasonably fast with cushy seats. Not concered with ETs.
Guessing fuel pump & filter? If so, do I need a bigger than stock pump & would it have to be hotwired?
Replace injectors with stockers?
Etc., etc.
Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Also, in what order should I buy/install the new stuff?
I don't want to buy what I don't need, but I also don't want to need something that I didn't buy.
Thanks

hello peoples: If it's runnin good drive it and let that tell the tale. have fun
IBBY

Post your BLM number with the engine warmed up in Park. Let's see what's going on in regards to fueling.

New fuel pump
Hotwire kit
New vacuum lines
New fuel filter
Clean the rad
New thermostat
Check the brakes and flush the lines
New injectors...the originals are prolly clogged and don't compare to the new ones
Watch for an oil leak from the rear main seal and the water pump leaking
Original exhaust was single...so it's not original

SCOOBY DOO - Warmed up in park BLMs are 128. There are 2 mufflers, each stamped GM. The corners on them look like they've been dented in, or possibly bent that way in a clamp to fit from factory.
Thanks for the replies.

Good advice here, resist the urge to modify until everything is runs perfect and all worn or old parts are brought up to snuff. I would add a power logger, learn to use it, and figure out what every piece of data is telling you. Tons of info archived on the board here.

x2 on scoobs list.
With Injectors the unit will need an updated/new chip for the computer.
Muffs might be GM but the original was a crossflow unit that lived behind the axle in front of the fuel tank. Sound like some GNX replicas.
I went with 42lb injectors but if you are going new 60lb are very versatile with room to grow. Mine were used(budget, ya know) .
Hotwired pump is also mandatory to feed those injectors.
Maintenance with the oil/filter changes and fuel filter are a top priority.
A powerlogger might be something to help you stay on top of it

In addition to the suggestions already made, get a maf translator and a newer ls1 style maf sensor. The car will idle and run smoother. This can be easily undone if you return this low mileage car back to stock in the future.

Thanks. 1st thing I did was to replace the 24 year old tires. Then got a TT chip, Scanmaster, MAF Translator, LT1 sensor, vacuum lines to wastegate & turbo, new wastegate actuator (not HD) and a new 02 sensor. Then had the factory radiator re-cored, new AC condensor/dryer/low pressure switch for 134. Will see if that works when it gets charged tomorrow. Cleaned the throttle body & intercooler. New connectors & clamps for the turbo up pipe and air intake tubes. Will continue to replace vacuum lines. Did the PowerMaster "suck out the old fluid and put in new" procedure. Question is - what's next and in what order? Thanks again for any and all suggestions.

Thanks. 1st thing I did was to replace the 24 year old tires. Then got a TT chip, Scanmaster, MAF Translator, LT1 sensor, vacuum lines to wastegate & turbo, new wastegate actuator (not HD) and a new 02 sensor. Then had the factory radiator re-cored, new AC condensor/dryer/low pressure switch for 134. Will see if that works when it gets charged tomorrow. Cleaned the throttle body & intercooler. New connectors & clamps for the turbo up pipe and air intake tubes. Will continue to replace vacuum lines. Did the PowerMaster "suck out the old fluid and put in new" procedure. Question is - what's next and in what order? Thanks again for any and all suggestions.
Fuel pump and hot wire kit.
The rubber fuel lines back at the tank.
Caspers has an alternator field fix harness I believe, good insurance as the reference voltage runs through though the idiot light and can fail, then then you loose alternator output.
Engine and transmission mounts if original.
Rescan all the suggestions here as they are good.